The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a little advice please

affney

hi guys i am selling my car for around 4000 its advertised on ebay a german fella has emailed me saying he will pay me 5200 if i could meet him in france does anyone know how much the v5 would cost to make it german plates and all the ins and outs that there could be like import tax and stuff like that also could this guy be one of those marketing scammers cheers in advance

Let him deal with the plate stuff you just fill out the car permanently exported part. Its worth a trip on the ferry if the guy is gen you get to sell it for more than you wanted if he isn't you come home with a boot full of booze and tabs.

what in the supra, you'll be lucky to fit a pack of golden virginia in the boot, let alone a load of booze, maybe minatures...:D

im gonna tell him to give me 500 in advance to pay for any expenses and if he doesnt show or messes me around then i make a little money and get to go for a ride to france. ill also tell him to meet me near a police station or on an army barracks see what he says then if he still wants it i think he will be pretty gen up

seems pretty genuine ive sold cars to 2 different european buyers but met them both at uk airports, i guess this guy is probably trying to save a flight all the way here and driving back maybe? as long as he gives you a deposit up front and agrees to meet you as you say it should be fine.. just make sure you go along with someone to be sure though.