The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brown Pants Morning

Martin

OMG! God it chucked down this morning in rush hour. Not good for being slightly lead layden with the right foot. Was in a bit of a rush, not speeding, you carn't round Reading, when I came up to a mini roundabout. This young lady in her corsa decided to play about, is she going or not so I went, she then boot's it on a death wish for me :taped: I naturally put my foot down, next minute I'm at 90 degree's :blink: Slammed on the breaks and nearly shit myself.

Was so lucky to miss the other cars. Really got to be careful in the wet weather. One BIG lesson learnt. GO SLOW :rolleyes:

If it's chucking it down on the way up to Santa Pod I might have to set out a few hours than normally.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone over cooked it this morning on the A43 just outside Silverstone. Obviously gave it beans coming off the roundabout and ended up in a 20ft deep gully by the side of the road. :blink: Red Supra, Veilside spoiler. Nobody on here I hope?

Ouch! Hope they're okay...

This afternoon we had a fair amount of rain and it was quite scarey driving back. It was completely lossing grip while the turbo was spooling, even on partial throttle. It even span at 3.5k rpm 6th on the M4! The F1's are about 2/3rds worn so might get another set... or keep saving for RLTC!

From the demo Matt Harwood gave me years ago, yes. It's an impressive bit of kit. I never personally felt the need for it with BPU, but I'm terrified of the single in wet/cold/damn weather :(

I think it'd be pretty damn essential on a *cough* well sorted single.

I also reckon that it'll be more noticeable when it;s working than on a standard(ish) Supra.

You'll find yourself able to get out of junctions and the like far more easily with RL than without. I guess a single plus wet and you must spend more time spinning than getting anywhere.

Highly recommended IMO if properly set up you definitely know it when it comes into action :eyebrows:

All i can say is that Terminator set mine up & what a perfect night to test it soaking wet roads + heavy rain & a empty country lane & all he said was floor it, so foot hard on the gas from standstill all way up to high leptons no wheel spin or snaking what so ever, car stayed in very straight line from start to finish with no loss of control at all.

Highly recommended IMO if properly set up you definitely know it when it comes into action :eyebrows:

All i can say is that Terminator set mine up & what a perfect night to test it soaking wet roads + heavy rain & a empty country lane & all he said was floor it, so foot hard on the gas from standstill all way up to high leptons no wheel spin or snaking what so ever, car stayed in very straight line from start to finish with no loss of control at all.

fuck that, you've either got absolute belief/confidence in both the system and this guy, or you're a bloody loon...:blink: there's no way I'd do that, down a large wide straight road, yes, but not a country lane, too easy for it go wrong, and an "oops, sorry about that" doesn't fix a broken supe...fair play if it worked though:p

Do you guys all have huge hp and oversized rear tyres? I dont find the supra all that bad in the wet. To be honest I think its pretty good for a 320+ hp car. It's quite easy to get it to step out when wet but you do have to try or be really giving it some beans.

Lucky you missed the other cars. Did you go into the other lanes or anything?

Do you guys all have huge hp and oversized rear tyres? I dont find the supra all that bad in the wet. To be honest I think its pretty good for a 320+ hp car. It's quite easy to get it to step out when wet but you do have to try or be really giving it some beans.

Lucky you missed the other cars. Did you go into the other lanes or anything?

I have too agree with you on this one. When the back end does step out its due to a bit too much right foot. Im also runiing about 320-350(not sure was told 400 as sale but disbelieved from the start) but sliding, if you know what to do, is well taken care of by the traction control. The only drawback is knowing when the TC is going to cut in. Have found myself lurching to the other side of the road before now cus the TC has cut in before i know it

I have too agree with you on this one. When the back end does step out its due to a bit too much right foot. Im also runiing about 320-350(not sure was told 400 as sale but disbelieved from the start) but sliding, if you know what to do, is well taken care of by the traction control. The only drawback is knowing when the TC is going to cut in. Have found myself lurching to the other side of the road before now cus the TC has cut in before i know it

Stock TC, wtf! If you rely on that you really need some driving lessons! The stock system is absolutely appauling, on every supra that still has it installed it has completely cut power at the slightest loss of traction. It's an appauling system and if you only ever push a supra to the limits of the stock TC system you have never even slightly pushed one :taped:

Stock TC being good - I've heard it all now! Remove that hopeless system, then find out what a supra can do ;)

My TC doesnt cut all power... it seems to be progressive. If I floor it on a bumpy/wet road the light often flashes but I dont feel any loss of power, sometimes it will back off slightly but will still be accelerating. If I for example stamped on the throttle in the pouring rain it cuts in quite noticibly but its only cutting power for maybe a quarter or half a second tops.

definately agree with whats said about the stock tc. its really bad in the supras i drive with it off at all times although when i first got my tt it was on and have had total loss of power which is not a good thing!

Stock TC, wtf! If you rely on that you really need some driving lessons! The stock system is absolutely appauling, on every supra that still has it installed it has completely cut power at the slightest loss of traction. It's an appauling system and if you only ever push a supra to the limits of the stock TC system you have never even slightly pushed one :taped:

Stock TC being good - I've heard it all now! Remove that hopeless system, then find out what a supra can do ;)

As Robin I don't find the UK TC that bad, I have only once had it cut all power and that was on near slick tyres on the rear accelerating from a junction when I first bought the car three years ago :innocent:

My TC doesnt cut all power... it seems to be progressive. If I floor it on a bumpy/wet road the light often flashes but I dont feel any loss of power, sometimes it will back off slightly but will still be accelerating. If I for example stamped on the throttle in the pouring rain it cuts in quite noticibly but its only cutting power for maybe a quarter or half a second tops.

Same experiences here Robin :)

I did try driving with it off for awhile but eventually went back to it as it seems to catch things pretty well, you can actually feel it cutting in and holding back the power just slightly, not just cutting it completely. You can just keep the power down during the slip and it seems to slowly feed the power in and let you safely accelerate through it.

I'm far from technical when looking under the bonnet but even I couldn't help notice all the extra gubbins (technical term ;)) under my bonnet when TrickTT and I compared the UK and J-Spec differences. We put alot of the extra stuff under my bonnet down to the UK TC, hence there must be a difference. More extra weight I guess :D

Its weather like this that makes me happy im in an NA. Still even in that i get caught out on occassion. Wide tyres in this kind of weather is not great. But if you let some air out do you get better grip in the wet? Or is that just snow? Or am I talking rubbish?

By the way im pleased you and the car came away unharmed:)