The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New 2JZ-GTE powered Aristo owner...

Guest Chandler

Guest Chandler

Hi guys,

I bought an Aristo a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd join up on here being as many of you will have 2JZ-GTE powered cars. :cool: My motor's been badged up as a Lexus which I think is a bit of a shame! Here's how she was when I bought her two weeks ago...

I got it to do the Cannonball in and it was a pretty big task getting it built ready for the Rally. So after one day of hectic parts ordering, an evening and a days work...

Ghetto induction kit I fitted with some gaffa tape (it was a Supra item, but need a little persuasion to fit!

...we had it finished!

And then a snap of it on the Cannonball...

I hope you don't mind me posting pics of it up on here. Just thought being as I'll be using this forum to gain info on tuning the car a little, I should post some pics up. And besides it's in the 2JZ-GTE family :cool:

So far it's had a set of staggered 19-inch wheels fitted (8.5x19 and 10.5x19-inch with Advan rubber) and the centres painted satin black to match the satin NATO green bodywork. A Powertec induction kit, straight though stainless steel exhaust (from the downpipe back with second cat lost) with satin black upturned tails, new KYB shocks, 60mm drop, full NATO re-paint, new EBC discs and pads all round, full bleed with fresh fluid, pressed metal black/silver plates and a double DIN Kenwood 7-inch touchscreen fitted.

Hope you like the car :cool:

Cheers,

Ben

Guest Chandler

Thanks again for all the kind comments. I gave the car a fresh change of oil when I bought it - that was 3 weeks ago and I've done 2500 miles since then, so I've just dropped that car off for another oil and filter and a coolant change ready for winter. I absolutely love the car, but I really want a Passat Estate 1.8T Sport... So it may be up for sale next week! Although with all the attention it gets I'm tempted to keep the Military Rice Rocket! Anyway, thanks again for all the welcomes and kind words. I'd like to get it on the rollers before it's sold, just to see what she's making...

• 3 weeks later...