The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It rains it pours - Is it possible?

Matt H

So the company that Hyper are using to Hybridise the turbos that F*ing turbofit stuck on my car have kindly, a week into having them, have told Hyper the turbos are beyond repair?! :search:

Can this be possible? only the second turbo blew, so how can both of them be beyond repair? im so fed up with my luck with my engine work on the supra its un-true, i just want my baby back, like she was, running perfectly and powerful at the same time, looking good and me actually behind the wheel :cry:

So Glad i did not take my car to turbo fit who was going to originally do all my work but instead had full engine re-build & Envy Stage 3 Hybrid conversion done at Mark@Phoenix & over the moon for what Mark has done to my car so far.

Sorry to hear you having all so many bad troubles with yours hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Here's my re-build thread for you to have a look at of what I have done to mine so far.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=117472

So Glad i did not take my car to turbo fit who was going to originally do all my work but instead had full engine re-build & Envy Stage 3 Hybrid conversion done at Mark@Phoenix & over the moon for what Mark has done to my car so far.

Sorry to hear you having all so many bad troubles with yours hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Here's my re-build thread for you to have a look at of what I have done to mine so far.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=117472

Nice hi-jack. That's sure to make the guy feel better. ;)

(Although it seems like a lot of his problems have been self-inflicted)

Maybe it is worth seriously considering a small single now as the car needs new turbos and you seem to want to have a good power level on tap from what I remember of the original thread? :)

I disagree, it's going to cost a significant amount of money to go down the single route and from what Matt's posted I don't think he wants to invest another £5k in the car.

I'd just go with the Envy hyrbids

I disagree, it's going to cost a significant amount of money to go down the single route and from what Matt's posted I don't think he wants to invest another £5k in the car.

Good advice. Singles cost a LOT more than hybrids, even little ones like mine :tongue:

Good advice. Singles cost a LOT more than hybrids, even little ones like mine :tongue:

Especially when Matt already has most of the mods for taking Hybrids set up too

Because he ran them at 1.4bar

Mate, thats really pissed me off, they blew because my hybrids werent put back on, stock turbos were put back on and no way can they handle 1.4.

I have 4 spare / blown turbo's in the garage one which isnt blown and has slight compressor damage hence it being taken off. Your welcome to it if you want it.

Though dont know how much postage would be for you.

Cheers mate thats really good of you. I'll bare that in mind but as it stands i think Hyper have a set they are sending off. cheers tho, very much appriciated.

You changed your mind Matt ? thought you was going Blitz BIG Twins as you said in the Pancake run thread ...........Turbofit have something to answer for mate !! not good :(

Cheers

-Ian-

Lol, no mate, i was only jokin about the Blitz twins! would be nice but far too pricey!

Man thats bad news, get some Envy hybrids Matt. £1300 with the added benefit of a guarantee too.

these envy ones sound good. ill take that further i think ;)

Indeed, ive purchased everything for the hybrids now. EGT and AFR also, and like you say another 5K on the engine and more time without the car just inst what i want to do

Why would it cost a significant amount more when he already has the supporting mods required to run a small single? A much more worthwhile direction to go in IMO, especially given the reliability record of most 'hybrids'.

Cheers,

Brian.