The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi All!!

benstanley

Hello everyone!! Right here's my story.....

I have wanted a Supra since i was tiny and whilst messing around the other day on insurance websites i discovered to my delight that i could now comfortably afford insurance on a single turbo Supra :)

So here I am with 6k burning a hole in my pocket and a hunger for a Supra!!

I currently own an mg zs :( which will be going on ebay within the next few days.

I just wondered if you guys could give me the heads up on my future baby...... e.g things to look for, things i should check out when viewing, performance stats, possible and best mods etc!!

O yeah and obviuosly if anyone is considering selling let me know :)

Thanks to all in advance!!

Ben.

Guest Chumpalot

That was going to be my next point Rob.

Ben, if indeed you are referring to the MKIV, there's no way you'll find a single turbo conversion one for your budget.

Sell your MG and by my TT :D Forum rules I'm afraid :sly:

Guest Chumpalot

N/As don't really provide much scope for modifying and increasing the BHP I'm afraid. Certainly not as much as the TT anyway. It can be done but it's bleeding expensive.

0-60 in 5 seconds or thereabouts for the N/A? 220 odd BHP

I started with an N/A which ive had for 2 years now, its not the quickest no but it can hold its own. I wanted to get a TT but i see alot of threads everyday from members who own them and there is a lot more to go wrong so dont forget running costs too.

My car has high mileage and is 13 years old but i still trust it to start every morning :)

Guest Chumpalot
I started with an N/A which ive had for 2 years now, its not the quickest no but it can hold its own. I wanted to get a TT but i see alot of threads everyday from members who own them and there is a lot more to go wrong so dont forget running costs too.

Is there an echo in here? :p

Guest Chumpalot
Reliability is nothing for me im insured on both my mum and dads cars i want something fast and fun regardless of cost!!

6k will get you good condition and well looked after NA mate. They're not a slow car by any means.

Guest Chumpalot
but i could pick up and insure a cupra r or a gt4 for the same money with better performance and modding prospects!!

I always fancied a Cupra R, that was before I looked at Supras though.

If insurance is all that's holding you back from getting a TT then that's out of our hands I'm afraid. I think you'll be hard pushed to get as much car for your money imo.

Guest Chumpalot

You mean putting a TT engine into an NA? Jezz (member on here) does these for around the £3k mark I believe.

Type the word conversion into the search box and you'll get loads of hits.