The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An extra 87bhp

TLicense

Went to Surrey Rolling Road today to watch BHave and a few MR2's have some mapping done by Ryan. At the end of the day we managed to squeeze mine on to see how it was running.

I knew it was going to better than before, simply because you could actually feel that the car was quicker.

Here's before:-

340bhp at the flywheel

259bhp at the wheels.

@0.5 bar

And now:-

414.9bhp at the flywheel

346.9bhp at the wheels

@0.7 bar

Power at the wheels:-

(Look at how the boost rises with rpm, these turbine housings are far too big! Now that's what you call lag!!)

So that's an extra 87bhp at the wheels which is solely down to the car being better mapped (courtesy of Ryan ;) ) and a pair of 264 camshafts.

I've actually lost a little in terms of torque, but I think that's down to the 264 cams moving the torque curve further up the rev band.

I've been told that the smaller turbine housings I've been waiting a lifetime for will be with me tomorrow, and then I've got to find a spare weekend to put them on, and then crank it up to 20psi. :eyebrows:

Good work!!! allthough i never know if dynos are right or wrong.... theres so many variances...

It was done ar SRR, so very reliable and repeatable results (air temp and pressure aside of course).

It's really the only place I trust to provide realistic results.

Ryan sent me a g-tech pro.... had a play today with it.. proved some interesting results... if its right my power figures are somewhat conservative :)

Mines 660bhp acording to a g-tech, but it's nothing like that IRL.

Get down to SRR for a genuine comparison to the rest of us ;) :D

How come you are only at 7psi? I presume it isn't worth wasting time & money on a stronger map?

I can't wait to see how your car does when you give it the full moo :thumbs:

I'm only running 7psi as I've got an incorrectly sized turbine housing. Basically it's far, far, far too big. It's basically still spooling as I'm hitting the red-line!

Apparently the smaller housings are arriving today, and then I'll be able to make some sensible numbers :eyebrows:.

great result fella - are you at BPU yet or is this purely down to the 264's and remap?

if so.... how much were the cams supplied and fitted....

and

how much is a remap and RR at Ryans place?

VERY interested ;)

Fella, you have missed several points there ;)

Although Tlicense doesnt mention it, he is running much larger Blitz twin turbos together with extreme supporting mods.

:blush:

apologies - just saw the extra 87bhp and a mention of cams plus remap and put 2 and 2 together and got 34,154 ;) silly me!! ;)

So that's an extra 87bhp at the wheels which is solely down to the car being better mapped (courtesy of Ryan ;) ) and a pair of 264 camshafts.

(out of interest how much is a remap from Ryan and what BHP des that get you?)

The postman has just been!!! :):):)

Two turbine turbine housings and a set of gaskets. A quick way to blow £1258!!! :blink:

:blush:

apologies - just saw the extra 87bhp and a mention of cams plus remap and put 2 and 2 together and got 34,154 ;) silly me!! ;)

(out of interest how much is a remap from Ryan and what BHP des that get you?)

No worries, You're best bet is to have a chat with Ryan. I don't know your spec, but obviously you'll need some kind of aftermarket ECU/piggy back ECU for him to re-map.

I would expect to see anything from an extra 20-50bhp from a stock ECU to a well mapped aftermarket one. You'll obviously get a lot from increasing the stock boost.

As mentioned, have a chat with Ryan, he's a good, honest, down to earth guy and will let you know what the score is.