The mkiv Supra Owners Club

facelift non face lift whats the diffrence help

drnas78

i have a question for the experts

what is the diffrence between face lift and non face lift head lights on a supra 1995 -1998 model how do you tell the diffrence what are you looking out for exactly colour wise diffrence please advise me as i cant find anything thats shows the diffrence and ive tried to look any help guidance would be much apperciated

aslo what looks better the plain bonnet or a turbo bonnet ?

many thanks

peeps

Right pre-facelift lights have chrome insides and facelift lights have the insides painted black. Plus on facelifts the indicators are mounted in the facelift lights IRRC.

Do a search for a thread called 'custom lights' by gzaerojohn and that will give you pics etc of the different variants of lights.

In regards to 'turbo' bonnet, I presume you're talking about the UK spec bonnet (one with the scoop on) and the jap spec bonnet (no scoop :) ). Its all a question of taste. I do quite fancy a uk spec bonnet on my jap spec car :)

mines a 1997 p the lights plastic with 3 lights in it which all have silvr ring around them the inside of the light is black...i'm confused

ive been tryingto get hold of jon few days as i need to speka to him about refurb before i put them back on the car just cant get hold of him by phne or tect or mail pm etc

they seem like urs all i now is they lense was very clear plastic 3 rings in the light black floor of the lights and schrome rings around the light rings theres one otehr ive seen its got what i think is an indicator just in front of the small light of the 2 rings

what do you think

• 10 months later...

The top two are pre-facelift and the others are facelift.

The pre-facelift have sidelights fitted inside too (arrow), the facelift lights have them fitted in with the indicators.

attachment.php?attachmentid=53235&d=1173345925

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9605/headlight12mk.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9076/headlight28wz.jpg