The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car back.

Pig

And suprise suprise it doesnt work!

The ABS isnt working and the RLTC (when turned fully off) is limiting the car at opprox over 5000 rpm.

It feels light a light cut (AFR etc are all in)

Next step, get the car to matt harrwood as i think its all RLTC related.

I have been informed by TDI that the RLTC ecu is faulty.

When i picked up the car it was working for the first 15 mins or so. Now everytime i drive it it limits.

Any ideas?

without knowing the final bill I would suggest that TDI have charged you enough money for you to take it back there and tell them they have not sorted it and that you expect them to rectify the problems they said they had fixed and do it for free.

RLTC ECUs fail very rairly and I would not have thought it would fail in the way it has.

Perhaps get Matt to give the RLTC a once over before it goes back to TDI so they cant point the finger at that.

JB

without knowing the final bill I would suggest that TDI have charged you enough money for you to take it back there and tell them they have not sorted it and that you expect them to rectify the problems they said they had fixed and do it for free.

RLTC ECUs fail very rairly and I would not have thought it would fail in the way it has.

Perhaps get Matt to give the RLTC a once over before it goes back to TDI so they cant point the finger at that.

JB

In my experience its very rare to have anything done FOC by a garage.

I dont think anyone knows how to fit RLTC to the supra better than matt harwood, its just a pita to get it to him though.

Don't quote me on this but I think there is/was a fault with the firmware on some RL ECUs.

I had what I think is the same problem in that mine would only let me rev to about 4500k approx before cutting.

The easy solution (and, as it's a firmware issue, possibly the only solution) is to set the launch control revs to about 10k!

Mine worked a treat after that.

I had a similar problem with the RLTC and it was due to the wrong wheel sizes being input. If you go into monitor mode on the digi adjuster and select wheel speed and make sure you view it in text format and make sure if you are travelling in a straight line the front and rear wheel speeds are identical if not you need to adjust your wheel sizes until they are. This sorted the problem for me and i did it with the gps speed and to get it right it wasn't the actual diameters. I have mine set 590mm front and 595mm rear.

Jon, I had a fair few issues with RLTC too mate, check some of the threads in search.

This was linked to the Rev Limits as Martin mentioned (this only affects the digi-adjuster model I think) and a low cut glitch below say 1500rpm.

I would drop a note to Mike Broadbent @ RL if it is an ECU problem, he's very helpful, but check with Matt first. CW had a bit of a PITA installing mine.

Good luck and sorry to hear about this pal.

Greg

Sounds like a dodgy ABS wheel speed sensor to me, or the connection between the ABS wires and the RLTC ones.

Will that be picked up by the display on the digital adjuster?

Will try that tomorrow. Quick and simple :)

without sounding patronising, can you not just disconnect your RLTC to eliminate that fro the loop....if your cut-out goes after its off, presto

Nope, its hard wired in.

How'd you get on mate ?

Spoke to Mr Racelogic - Thanks Andy :respekt:

Was going to do a couple of adjustments and have a try again tonight but its raining.....As you prob know, rain means no point!

Booked a day off work next wednesday for matt harwood to hopefully sort it. There is no one in the world i trust more than him on RLTC/Electronics :D