The mkiv Supra Owners Club

P reg

flyby

The car registration dates used to run August 1st to July 31st and so an M reg car could be an August 94 - July 95, an N reg could be 95-96 and a P reg could be a 96-97.

Never trust the registration plate though, ask for the VIN number and check on http://www.mkiv.co.nz for when it was actually built. I have seen 1993 cars with a P reg on it and even 1995 cars with 01 plates on them.

JB

P reg means the car was first registered for use in uk between 01-August-1996 and 31-July-1997.

R reg means the car was first registered for use in uk between 01-August-1997 and 31-July-1998.

After R reg the prefix letters were changed so that a new letter was used every 6 months rather than every 12.

- - - -

Whoa! You gotta be fast round here these days!

ALso the P reg is normally the face lift version by the factory leather roof, face lift lights, few other bits nothing more on the mechanical side but a bommer to get hold of parts when you need them, ive been looking for a active front spoiler had no luck so if you comme across one ill be intrested

The letter means when first registered in the UK if it is a UK car.

"Grey" import cars or J-Spec cars have letters assigned by the DVLA by them guessing the year of manufacture and assiging the letter to that year. However some cars slip through the process and, for example, a 1995 car can appear on a much later plate.

The best tip I got on this topic was to check the seat belt (on the small safety label at the bottom) for year of manufacture and it has always been correct on Japanese cars.

ALso the P reg is normally the face lift version by the factory leather roof, face lift lights, few other bits nothing more on the mechanical side but a bommer to get hold of parts when you need them, ive been looking for a active front spoiler had no luck so if you comme across one ill be intrested
The headliner isn't leather, it's vinyl. The active spoiler on the facelift Supras is not different to the pre-facelift ones AFAIAA.

"Grey" import cars or J-Spec cars have letters assigned by the DVLA by them guessing the year of manufacture and assiging the letter to that year.
I'm sure it goes on when the car was first registered abroad rather than when the car was manufactured.

Guest DaveWilko

It is better to just say what year anyway. All this 'P'reg 'M' reg is confusing to us thick oirish too lol. I know mine is '93 and L reg so I'm sittin countin on my fingers to get to m or p :p