The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More Power

SupraD06

Hi all, i own a 6speed TT and have done all the basic upgrades, eg greedy turbo timer, greedy profec b booste controller, apexi fuel neo, FMIC, induction kit, fuel and water pumpss de-cat exhaust and fuel cut defencer, new clutch and fly wheel and running a healthy 18psi to make 418 bhp, but what else can i do without changing te turbos to bigger items or a single conversion? will new turbo internals make a difference? thanks guys

OK, well no - you're just about at the limit of the stock turbos and fuel injectors (well actually you're past the limit of the stock injectors but that's another debate)

418bhp is a very respectable figure, you should be happy with that. Do you know what the power was at the wheels?

Mines a jap spec, got 51000 miles on the clock n its always serviced every year and oil changes n things like that r always done regulary, just want to know what the most the standard engine, gearbox etc will take? been told the stock turbos are at there limit with 18psi so was wondering what way 2 go next.

Depends on your turbo choice - the trade off is always response vs. outright power. There are singles which will give you more power and better response than the stock TT's. There are also singles that will give you 900bhp but will take ages to respond.

Regardless, you won't find a better twin setup than stock if response is your concern.

i want more responsive power, n ive heard if you go single some people run Nos to get it going ( not sure if thats just track use) i want around the 550-600 mark unless any1 runs this kind of power n thinks its to much to handle as a daily driver, budget around £2000-£3000 for now if thats not enough ill wait till next year

i want more responsive power, n ive heard if you go single some people run Nos to get it going ( not sure if thats just track use) i want around the 550-600 mark unless any1 runs this kind of power n thinks its to much to handle as a daily driver, budget around £2000-£3000 for now if thats not enough ill wait till next year

i run 520, and i would not want anymore for a daily driver:blink: but its not as i only use it at weekends, hence my search for more power also:eyebrows:

well im already running 418bhp and its more than enough to c off most cars that try and race, just wondered if there was other things you can do without going single option. how much did you spend after the basic upgrades eg fmic boost controller, de-cat, fuel pump etc to get to 520 and are you running a single set up on urs?

well im already running 418bhp and its more than enough to c off most cars that try and race, just wondered if there was other things you can do without going single option. how much did you spend after the basic upgrades eg fmic boost controller, de-cat, fuel pump etc to get to 520 and are you running a single set up on urs?

yes single and it cost twice as much as it should have (but thats another story) serious mate expect to pay 7k min if you want 600 bhp and reliability;)