The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not the best experiance test drive

Guest ilogik

Just been out in my first supra and It didnt tick the right box's, was it just bad luck, Test drove an Auto n/a and I have to say it was boring as hell.

Only got it to 40, and it just felt slow and heavy.

:D

Just been out in my first supra and It didnt tick the right box's, was it just bad luck, Test drove an Auto n/a and I have to say it was boring as hell.

Only got it to 40, and it just felt slow and heavy.

lol, only 40, not exactly a test drive!

geT Back in it and floor the thing

what cars have you driven/owned before?

Unless you have owned something of the turbo variety it shouldnt have felt slow or boring, it still should have 0-60 of about 6.5 secs and a nice pull to it

Quickest things I have driven seat leon cupra r, n/a mr2 and currently own an Mr2 turbo.

Its the fact that getting to 40 felt slow lol, I lost interest in it after about 5 mins.

Dont worry. The NA is pretty sharpish. Take it out again and for at least an hour. Hopefully it will change your mind. Kick down will depend on your rev range. Also what sort of condition is the car in? How many miles? Are the gear changes quite smooth? If not it may need a change of gearbox oil.

Its the fact that getting to 40 felt slow lol, I lost interest in it after about 5 mins.

No offence intended here mate but any car would feel crap on a test drive if you were only doing 40 :blink:

Like you I've owned a couple of MR2 N/As and a couple of MR2 turbos and the Supra N/A was better than the MR2 N/A.

To quote your own post from the MR2OC

You put your fut right down and it was dull, it just didnt have that kick I thought it would of

I'll tell you now that you weren't driving it right if the car didn't kick down and take off like a scalded rabbit (which if you only did 40 then it wouldn't have), you have to put your foot right to the floorboards.

I don't think I could swap an MR2 Turbo for an NA Supra and be happy with the performance to be honest.

That's what I was thinking.

I could probably pretty much guarantee he didn't push the accelerator down hard enough to engage the proper kickdown switch though. Many Supra owners have driven their cars for a while and not realised how hard you have to push.

Regardless of that though, an NA Supra would be boring and slow after an MR2 Turbo I should think. It'd be comfortable and pretty though, as long as it didn't have a loud exhaust, dropped suspension & veilsnide bodykit.

I don't think I could swap an MR2 Turbo for an NA Supra and be happy with the performance to be honest.

Unless you need the space I find it totally mystifying to swap from the MR2T to a NA auto. From a drivers perspective I prefer the MR2 to the Supra anyway, it's smaller, more nimble and more involving, and given the choice of my TT or my old MR2T to waste my last tank of fuel on, the MR2 would get it every time.

Unless you need the space I find it totally mystifying to swap from the MR2T to a NA auto. From a drivers perspective I prefer the MR2 to the Supra anyway, it's smaller, more nimble and more involving, and given the choice of my TT or my old MR2T to waste my last tank of fuel on, the MR2 would get it every time.

Interesting, not sure I would say the same but not given it much thought. I will though :)

I love my MR2T, Ive had it longer than any other car I've owned and I still have it - I suspect that spec wise it would be of interest to you mate ;) However, I really like the Supra too and I'm not sure which I would rather leave my last tank of fuel to.

Hmmm, I'll muse on this one later :)