The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GReddy / Trust PE Ti-R exhaust

SimonB

Anyone got pics of this exhaust on a Supra? I've seen a vid clip of it on Nic's car but you can't really see anything. It's currently near the top of my list for a new quiet exhaust, along with the Tanabe touring medallion but I've a feeling that might be a bit restrictive. Would be interested in anyone's experience / reviews of it, especially on a single...

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a Greddy Ti not sure what the Trust PE bit is all about though.

Think that's the old one. This is where I got confused because they seem to call the models different things in Japan and the US. PE is Power Enterprise. I think the -R bit must stand for reduced noise or something. The only pic I can find of it looks like an exhaust would do with a bung in - there appears to be restrictor in the tail pipe.

Nic, that'd be great, thanks. Have you got the 80mm one or the 90mm? You've got a screamer pipe on your wastegate I take it?

You're right GReddy Japan and GReddy US sell different exhausts completely.

Mine is the 80mm version, yes with a scream pipe. It's quite quiet at normal driving and has got a very 'racy' sound to it when you give it some, until the wastegate opens, then all hell breaks loose :diablo:

You're right GReddy Japan and GReddy US sell different exhausts completely.

Mine is the 80mm version, yes with a scream pipe. It's quite quiet at normal driving and has got a very 'racy' sound to it when you give it some, until the wastegate opens, then all hell breaks loose :diablo:

Nic, I don't suppose you've got any noise measurements for this have you?

I'm sure theres a few of us interested in these exhausts but need to be careful because of the damn noise restrictions we have on our so called 'race circuits' !

It had a really nice sound it that video clip of yours. I need a pretty quiet exhaust as I don't want to be retricted to "noisy" track days only and these new quieter exhausts that are out now (Nur spec RX, Tanabe touring and this one) you can't really use a baffle with. Not that you'd want the restriction of one anyway! I just worry that some of them might be a bit restrictive. My wastegate is plumbed back into the exhaust, so that should be ok.

Nic, I don't suppose you've got any noise measurements for this have you?

I'm sure theres a few of us interested in these exhausts but need to be careful because of the damn noise restrictions we have on our so called 'race circuits' !

It's listed on their website at 92db, but that's on a car with stock turbos.

There's three that look to be the same noise wise, the Greddy TI-R, the Blitz nur-spec RX and the Tanabe touring medalion. They are all 91-93db. However, on a 600BHP+ single I'm thinking the nur spec and Tanabe may be a restriction. Don't really know though.

Don't feel the Ti-R is restriction, although I have a 4" down pipe and mid pipe up front, which is probably complete overkill for my setup (GT35R).

I've got a Nur Spec RX on order for a customer at the moment, but I don't know anyone who has one fitted yet. CW and Chiefgroover rate the Tanabe Medalion Touring, this is only available from the US though.

The Ti-R Darren had on his R32 GTR was definately not quiet at all! Remember sitting behind it on the way out of Santa Pod that time Steve? Greddy quote that as 94db on that car! Lovely exhaust either way though.

Bloomin-hell, thats definitely not quiet - it almost vibrated my fillings out, and I was in the car behind!

• 3 months later...
I'll try and get a pic tomorrow Si if I remember.

At low rmps it is quite quiet, it is only when the wastegate opens it starts to get silly loud.

Dredging this thread up again to see if you managed to get any pics Nic? Or anyone else for that matter. Has anyone else actually got a Greddy Ti-R yet?

I'll see if I can borrow a video camera or phone to record it.

Yes Andy it is straight exit. It doesn't drone at motorway speeds.

Cheers Nic. A couple of normal pics would do me, I'd just like to see a pic of the actual Supra variant as all the ones on the web seem to be generic pics from another car. The design of the tailpipe, how it sits, etc.

I'll see if I can borrow a video camera or phone to record it.

Yes Andy it is straight exit. It doesn't drone at motorway speeds.

:D Thanks Nic. That'll do for me in summer bud. I'll order around May. Guessing it'll take a few weeks to deliver. ;) Wipers :innocent::D

I have the greddy exhaust as well and it sounds great!! it can be very loud wot without any cats, but i like that a lot! :D

Is it definitely the Ti-R and not the racing titanium they sell in the USA? It's supposed to be very quiet. Got a pic from the rear?