The mkiv Supra Owners Club

In 17 hours time, I will be a proud Supra owner

fri3ndly

Hello everyone and let me introduce myself to the club

My name is Simon, Im 20 years old and come from Maidstone Kent.

I currently drive an MR2 non-turbo, but am buying a Supra Twin Turbo Automatic tomorrow. Im really excited and have gone through a nightmare getting the cash together but its all ready now.

I just worried myself by reading the post entitled ' My first night as a Supra owner = NIGHTMARE!' but Im sure everything will be fine, even though it has a veilside bodykit and I have a steep drive!

Any way, just wanted to say Hi really as I'm sure I will be posting much more when I am too an owner.

Quick question, on average how often do Supras go wrong?

Tough question to answer really but they are very strong cars. As with all things though they can and do go wrong from time to time, If you are finding it hard to get the cash together to buy the car dont be surprised if it feels expensive to run and look after, and looking after it with regular services etc is very important to avoid larger expense later, hope you enjoy it mate and welcome ;)

HI and Welcome...

Sleepless night to come eh ?

Hopefully you will be OK with the VeilSide, I have a big bump into my garage and it was fine. I suspect it's more dependant on how low your suspension is.

If you need and audi / alarm / RLTC doing I can recommend Sextons at Maidstone as they are very good and Supra friendly.

A membver on here Matt Harwood, used to own it and the new owner & staff like them a lot.

Have fun, drive carefully (for a bit anyway) :D

G :)

Well...to be honest.... I have had sleepless nights already so im dreading tonight!

It has got tien coilover suspension which he told me is adjustable (not sure how though)

Also, the alarm is a toad Ai606, anyone got this alarm and is it a good one?

Here is a pic of my soon to be pride and joy!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/199097-1.jpg

I bought my first sup not so long ago. Give it respect! supra an awesome car but it can easily bite you in the ass if you push it.

Just get used to it before you nail it!!!;)

I also have one of those alarms! mine seems ok.

the only thing i have noticed (and i could be just mine), if you leave the car unlocked for about 5min, it will lock its self!! Its good but just dont leave your keys in it :thumbs:

Well...to be honest.... I have had sleepless nights already so im dreading tonight!

It has got tien coilover suspension which he told me is adjustable (not sure how though)

Also, the alarm is a toad Ai606, anyone got this alarm and is it a good one?

Here is a pic of my soon to be pride and joy!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/199097-1.jpg

Welcome

I'm new to all this too, I only picked mine up last sunday and it's been brilliant ever since.:yahoo:

My new pride and joy is fitted with a toad Ai606 and it seems really good. It's insurance approved which is the most important thing and proxy sensors as I found out at a trip to the petrol station last night... when some plonker in a jeep parked too close.:banghead:

I don't know about you having sleepless nights it's my neighbours who've had them so far cause when I get up and go to work everyone gets up!!! :innocent:

The exhaust could house a small family, not that they'd live there long with the de-cat pipe:imsorry:

Good luck tomorrow, not that you'll need it.

Hi everyone, sorry i didnt reply earlier!

I hunted around for insurance EVERYWEHRE and Adrian FLux quoted me £2300 with my mum and my girlfriends mum as named drivers.

I then tried Admiral with the same thing and tweeked the online insurance generator until I managed to get it down to £1650 fully comp with major mods claimed.

I have not found a better price than this and I am happy to pay this....I did however notice that if i changed the form to say it was a UK spec the price dropped by £500 down to £1150!!!!!

Cant wait for tomorow, speak soon!

I was about to ask how old you were! lol, have you tried getting a quote with sky insurance too, since they are the official sponsors of the forum?

They quoted me £2300 with induction kit and exhaust on a j-spec N/A. To which I thought no-siree! Will be looking around a lot more when I actually go to buy a car. What no claims have you got?

Welcome and nice supra mate!