The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I did it myself

JamesC

After doing this to my bumper a couple of months ago:

I finally got round to trying to sort it out, and i thought i'd have a go myself instead of putting it in the bodyshop :rolleyes:

Anyway, the finish of the paint is good, you cant tell between that and standard paint, the only problem is that the colour match isn't perfect and you can tell in the sunlight :(

Anyone know anywhere in the northeast that does paint matching?

If not i'll leave it for now until i get it in the bodyshop, it's better than having a big scratch. Finished pics:

This place does paint matching.

North East Factors

Bewicke Road

Willington Quay

Wallsend

NE28 6LX

Paint matching isn't infallible mind you, I've heard that sometimes you'll get a great match and other times you won't.

I painted one of my skirts with great results, I bought paint from three places and the paint match wasn't good at all.

I ended up buying paint from the place above, they attempted to get a match with their optical equipment but the match wasn't good.

They then mixed the paint mixed to the relevant paint code and it was a good match, not particularly cheap but they're varying qualities of paint which are dependent on the price you're prepared to pay!

Cheers people, it is more noticable in direct sunlight though.

This place does paint matching.

North East Factors

Bewicke Road

Willington Quay

Wallsend

NE28 6LX

Thanks, i'll give them a go when ever i get round to sorting it again. I went to one car paint shop who said there was only one colour Black :rolleyes: i didn't buy anything from them.

Are you wearing a bandanna in the second pic mate or a monster pair of sunglasses lol.

No thats just a regular hat :p

Impressive! What equipment did you use to do the paintwork?

I just used aerosol cans, thats probably why i havent got a good paint match. ~Used some filler primer to fill the scratch in, once painted i wetsanded it, used some rubbing compound, G3 then gave it a quick going over with a machine polisher :)