The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first night as a Supra owner = NIGHTMARE!

Guest WrathChild

Be careful you don't get the blame for any damage as you drove the car when there were warnings not to. So don't volunteer any information like that. You should ask for a full refund as otherwise the seller will require to repair the car to a reasonable standard. This might be expensive to repair properly and I think they will rather give you your money back and patch up the car to sell to someone else rather than do a good job and loose lots of money. However the seller might be really decent, (it happens!) and fix the car as good as new but you should still have the car checked over independantly before and after the repairs.

Good luck.

Guest WrathChild

Thanks for the advice and the welcome. Let me clarify, my friend was nailing his, but i was just showing him what the car felt like, as far as i know the boost starts at 2500rpm or so, i wasnt nailing it. The guy i bought it off new it was leaking water a bit he told me to keep an eye on the temp gauage and stop driving if the temp went up which i did.

Yeah the guy is very reasonable, i was very impressed by the way he handled it.

So most are thinking money back walk away?

Hello, and welcome to the club.

All that sounds horrible, and I would demand a refund, but being slightly cynical, I would be quite surprised if he does give you your money back. He would probably prefer to 'fix' it for you rather than lose the money and then sell it on. Getting refunds on cars is a lottery really. Unless he's a very trustworthy chap :)

I've been in that situation before. Cost me thousands to fix it (Calibra). Fingers crossed for you though.

What a shame thats your first Supra experience, the fact that the guy said keep an eye on the temp gauge would have put me straight off! money back, and look for a decent one, good luck!

Yeah that. As he told you about the water problem and you still bought it, i hope he doesnt get funny about it if you ask for your money back as in 'sold as seen/described'

If your having problems already, who knows what else is lurking undetected? Dont want to be a killjoy but I'd walk away. There are some good supra's out there, have a look on our 'for sale' section ;)

All the best whatever you decide and please dont let it put you off supra ownership.

Linda

x

Guest WrathChild

Hey thanks again all, no im not put off supras at all! But depending on the outcome of this my finance could be taking a real wholop. He told me he thought it was the rad cap that had perished and he swappeed it for another.

As ive said the guy seems like a very reasonable person he didnt have to get the car recovered and meet me at 12oclock at night to try and sort things out. I just hope things will go smoothly IF i decide to ask for a refund.

Guest WrathChild
So, it had steam coming out left right and center, yet you drove it home!?

No i let it cool down filled the rad then set off home, when the temp needle started moving i stopped, was about half a mile from the car park, if that.