The mkiv Supra Owners Club

light weight battery

downimpact

It's come that time when the battery is begining to fail and need charging if i leave it too long, so i'm after the best lightweight battery. I've searched and seen advice on relocation to behind the passenger seat, but really don't trust my skills with that. Therefore hoping to find a battery for about 5kg's as a direct replacement?

I'm not running any big ice and the cat 1 is the only draw on the battery. Would a red top 25 be powerful enough? Or would there be problems trying to use it?

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/BATTERIES-RED-TOP-Batteries/c110_116/p470/RED-TOP-25-16/AH-(680A-CRANK)/product_info.html?gclid=CObdkfGE1I4CFQMvlAodXVDi8A

Thanks

thanks Chris good you can beat the prices :D

Please could you tell me why the 30 will work and the 25 won't, as i'm not to up on batteries. Is it that the car wont start if it's really cold (not a problem as i wouldn't really drive in the winter) or would the battery probably only last 6 months or something? Might be worth the gamble as i like the extra weight saving :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Varley red top 30 that I tried on the Supe.

It worked ok when fully charged, but after a few (10 or so) short journeys & a few days laying idle inbetween it didn't have the capacity to recover & needed recharging.

Great for drag or race applications though.