The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High Milage

Guest mathias_h

Guest mathias_h

Hi again,

Posted some questions about a Jap-spec supra a few weeks ago. Decided to wait a while and see what other options came along.

Now I have Found another Supra, a 95 UK-spec TT that was imported to sweden in ´04.

The praice tag is about 10 000 GBP (145 000 sek) which is fairly cheap in Sweden for the supras I have seen for sale. What worries me is that the car has run about 10 0000- 11 0000 miles (17 5000 km). What is your opinion on that? Is it fairly ok, or will I be much better of bying a Jap-spec 65000 miles? I realy don't want to have a car that brakes down on me and drain all my money on repairs and spairpart. I have realy no experience in how these cars handle the milage. My intention is not to have a street racer and replace every single part with aftermarket stuff, just want to have a nice car for normal use.

I know there is another thread on this forum with the same topic, but no one managed to stick to the milage question, so I'll try in my own post. So please, focus on the milage question here. If Mods or Admin disagree, move this to the other thread or delete.

Lowest mileage is the best if the cars been looked after, i think you can guarantee a jspec if it comes with a BIMTA sheet, the UK spec however you need loads of paperwork i.e reciepts mot's tax discs to give you an idea. Anyways 100,000 is fine if well looked after, my old Audi S2 was on 150k and no rebuilds, still running fine.

Guest mathias_h

Anyone who like to share theire knowledge on supras with some milage.

How far have your cars run? Any special problems that have turned up? What usaly happens to the cars when they pass 100 000 miles?

Best regards