The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stripes or not to stripes

NeoFuture

There is more Supras with stripes. One is red with white stripes, but i forgot guys name :( and second is Ariana's one. Beauty is eye of beholder, so "no tastefull" is Homers personal opinion :) I've seen it in flesh and can say I like it :)

I think you mean Dibbleyuk's car.

In some ways I'd agree with you, but there is such a thing as having taste, thats quite different to the styling preference of the moment. Most of the Savo massive think their Veilside-esque bodykits look good, that doesn't make them tasteful ;)

Ah, the good old stripe fest of Le Mans 2005/6... ;) It was a right PITA in 2006 as we put them on on the hottest day of the year and they stretched. Getting them off was a nightmare that year too so we decided we couldn't be arsed this year and went for flames instead. We did think about union jack flames but it was going to be too expensive. :D

do it .... do it ..... do it ......

Well thats my opinion, but then again I have done it.....

Actually I did it just to see what it would look like and to be honest the pictures dont do it justice as it looks better in the flesh.

However, I did only do it as an excersise and they may be coming back off shortly.....problem is it will then look like the many thousands of other silver supras on the road again and I wont get spotted as much!

If you are going to have a go then I have 3 tips:

1. get wider stripes than mine at least 8-9" wide

2. put them closer together eg about a 2-3" gap

3. set asside most of your day as getting it on the car straight, cut to size etc is a long job.