The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Bra's......

Suprash

Is this just that spray stuff that goes on, if so thats not what I want, have seen that before, its cack.

I thought he meant like a clear see through cover, like the black leather bra's......

Im deffo after a black leather bra, but doubt someone has made one for Ridox kitted Supra, so Im guessing Im gonna have to shell out of one to be made specially.......I just need to know what companies out there can do this....

Get the clear film, plenty of companies in the back of EVO advertise for this sort of thing, expensive but it don't make your car look shit like the black abominations that ruin calender group shots.

Personally I think that clear film stuff that gets sprayed on is worse, at least with my leather bra I can take it off where ever I pull up, that clear film is sprayed on and you cant get it off. I have seen it before and wasnt impressed with the finish, I doubt I would be happy with that stuff over the front end of my newly resprayed car......

I'll stick with the option that I can remove, am I bothered what someone thinks while out on the road, no, not after spending 4k on a respray......;)

Gazboy is correct, the clear one isn't a spray on jobbie, it's a proper coating (imagine a thick clear cling film type material - like a clear leather :D), seen it on loads of Porsche's, you won't even know it's on from a couple of feet away. 993 turbos got them on the rear arches as they were so flared, seen it on a 997 too when I went on that Pistonheads run out

Got no idea on getting one for a Supe, but if you managed it would look miles better than the black ones (IMHO)

Im starting to think so too.......so you can remove this stuff then, I take it once its been removed though you have to get some more.

I really like the sound of this, something that I can leave for weeks while doing the usual running around, work, then come to a meet, I can peal it off get the car ready and turn up.......;)

Im starting to think so too.......so you can remove this stuff then, I take it once its been removed though you have to get some more.

I really like the sound of this, something that I can leave for weeks while doing the usual running around, work, then come to a meet, I can peal it off get the car ready and turn up.......;)

Not sure on removing it on a regular basis (I think it's quite expensive £300+), I assumed it was a one off application which you would only replace once the plastic itself was heavily pitted. I think the idea behind it being clear is that you don't need to take it off, it should only be noticable if you're really looking (apparently the edges are easy to spot on dark cars as wax/polish gathers there).

Of course, in some cases (car-dependant) you can actually cover your whole car in this stuff! However, i think I'd only want to cover the front bumper/wings/bonnet.

One thing I will say is I haven't seen it after it's been on a car for a while - I don't know if the edges start to lift or not, or if it maintains it's "stickyness" but I think it could look really cack if it starts coming off....

Be warned though - last time I looked at this stuff I seem to remember it being quite expensive. :(

It's a mouldable form of 3M Helicopter tape. I use the tape form for the leading edges of carbon race car wings and suchlike. It was made to protect the leading edges of helicopter rotor blades. Even the tape is an arm and a leg, so large areas of the stuff are going to be quite pricey! A 36 yard roll of 6 inch wide tape has just cost me 212 quid plus VAT.