The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Respray.......the up's and down's.....

Suprash

Well GVN have finally started work on my car, its been a long journey so far littered with obsticles and never could I imagined what a long and hard journey it can be respraying a Supra.

I have been without the car for 2 months so far, this time has been taken up by waiting on wheels, a cracked genuine front bumper that had to be returned and Im currently waiting for a new one to be sent out (boat from Japan). A Trial rear copy that has also had to be returned due to it being a very poor fit, too thin and and just too short in places, huge stresses were being put on it trying to get it to rap around the car and they said 3 days labour to get it to fit right, something which I cant afford. The rear bumper is being refunded but I still need to locate another and at the moment Im frantically turning over every stone I know to try and locate primarily a genuine Trial rear, or failing that a copy, so if anyone knows of any Trial rear's that are located about, please PM me......;)

This is what GVN will be doing to the car....

1) Full respray in Gun Metal.

2) Side skirts blended and doors built up to blend into the skirt better.

3) Ridox front fitted.

3) Trial rear fitted.

4) De-wipering the rear boot and removing the center Toyota logo on the boot.

5) Spraying engine bay plastic covers, fuse box, fan shroud etc blue to match hose kit.

5) UK bonnet scoop fitted.

6) Rear arches rolled.

Here are some pics of the progress so far.......:eyebrows: (gimme 5 gotta upload to photobucket) ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Side skirts being blended and doors being built up to blend the skirt into the car more.......ignore the plastic bit stuck onto the door thats just for Mario to gauge an idea on what he needs to do, I can confirm that will not be stuck on the car :D

That will eventually, hopefully look like this.......if you look down the side of the car at the skirt, you can see where the door has been built to let the skirt look more natural when it runs into the door.....

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=8604&d=1189073835

pics pics pics!! Did you go with the carbon ridox or the non-carbon?

Can't wait to see this mate. We will have to go out for a drive when she's back. Picking mine up Sunday :)

Yes dude, I will be giving you a call so we can sort what we spoke about last, I think I deleted his number ;)

Also, I went with the carbon Ridox, well it has a carbon lip built into the bottom......;) Genuine though.....

Scary stuff seeing your P&J in pieces like that, but I'm sure she will rise like a Phoenix from the flames, and be resplendent in all her glory. Then you'll get a stone chip.

:D

I know, thats why I will be getting a car bra specially made, I cant afford all this time, effort and money just to go and have the paint work chipped over 6 months, they may be a tad ugly but for day to day driving about as she is my daily driver, it will save the front end loads.....

Lookin good, look forward to seeing the finished article.

Oh, does rolling the arches flare them a little (along the lines of subtle overfenders)????

No, although the pic there does give that impression, as its been taken back to the metal. But you can get your arches flared, I thought about this but decided not to as Im trying to keep the arch as close as possible to the edge of the weel, hate suken in wheels and had to get them rolled as the used to catch by about 3mm.....although Im pretty sure that rolling the arches does remove that flat edge that you get along around edge of the arch.

Alright Mush.

You at work then?

I didn't realise you were having a UK scoop fitted. Is that a recent addition to the list of mods?

I'm interested to see what the building up of the door skin comes out like. Couldn't really see it on that pic of the purple one.

Have you considered settling for a Do Luck rear bumper if you get one quickly? They're really nice and rather rarer than the Trial ones.

Well GVN have finally started work on my car, its been a long journey so far littered with obsticles and never could I imagined what a long and hard journey it can be respraying a Supra.

I have been without the car for 2 months so far, this time has been taken up by waiting on wheels, a cracked genuine front bumper that had to be returned and Im currently waiting for a new one to be sent out (boat from Japan). A Trial rear copy that has also had to be returned due to it being a very poor fit, too thin and and just too short in places, huge stresses were being put on it trying to get it to rap around the car and they said 3 days labour to get it to fit right, something which I cant afford. The rear bumper is being refunded but I still need to locate another and at the moment Im frantically turning over every stone I know to try and locate primarily a genuine Trial rear, or failing that a copy, so if anyone knows of any Trial rear's that are located about, please PM me......;)

This is what GVN will be doing to the car....

1) Full respray in Gun Metal.

2) Side skirts blended and doors built up to blend into the skirt better.

3) Ridox front fitted.

3) Trial rear fitted.

4) De-wipering the rear boot and removing the center Toyota logo on the boot.

5) Spraying engine bay plastic covers, fuse box, fan shroud etc blue to match hose kit.

5) UK bonnet scoop fitted.

6) Rear arches rolled.

Here are some pics of the progress so far.......:eyebrows: (gimme 5 gotta upload to photobucket) ;)

Know how you feel getting on for a year now:( but nearly done now and doing myself) GVN Top spray shop in good hands;) i picked up some body parts from them the cars they had in WOW:D

Alright Mush.

You at work then?

I didn't realise you were having a UK scoop fitted. Is that a recent addition to the list of mods?

I'm interested to see what the building up of the door skin comes out like. Couldn't really see it on that pic of the purple one.

Have you considered settling for a Do Luck rear bumper if you get one quickly? They're really nice and rather rarer than the Trial ones.

Yes mate in work, back on my ol' faithfull DSP :D

I havent really considered anything else Jake, maybe I shouldnt be so blinkered and look further a field.....;)

Bonnet scoop was always planned, GVN had one sat about they said I could have, saved me £150 for a new one...;)

I will try and make sure GVN get pictures of the build work whille Im not there snapping away.....seems the chaps who car that purple one is has removed his original pictures and I went back to the thread of the close ups and they are gone, shame cause I wanted everyone to see what I meant.....

Know how you feel getting on for a year now:( but nearly done now and doing myself) GVN Top spray shop in good hands;) i picked up some body parts from them the cars they had in WOW:D

Mate, I love visiting not only for seeing my car being worked on, but also to see what 'super' cars they have in. Seen 3 different Ferrari's now, 1 Masaratti and 1 totally made Porsche 911 semi track semi road thing, black, looked a weapon.....

It makes you feel like your car is bottom of the pile, but if they can do body work for those cars, Im hoping my mere mino will look just as good.....:cool:

in there on Tuesday getting my baby back, so will have a gander and see how it's getting on, good to see it's finally getting worked on as it's been in their yard for a good 2 months...

bet you can't wait:d

2 months it has been yes..... :(

Saw yours in there too today while I was there, Gerrald was showing me round her telling me what they were doing for you....

Also saw Maz's there......