The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My supra broke down this morning

Guest craig-mkiv

Guest craig-mkiv

Hi guy's & girl's

my supra broke down on the way to work this morning :( !!

upon lifting up the hood it seem's that the bottom pulley had seperated !! causing the fan belt to come off the guide's & also the fan blade's have been cut up by the pulley when it slipped off :( !!

the poor car is now in a garage to be fixed !!

the r.a.c. are crap !! he maid me drive 10 mile's to the garage while he followed me !!

i just hope the water pump ain't fooked up !!

has this happened to any of you ?

Guest Chumpalot

Sorry to hear that mate.

Since owning the car I've only ever had the one issue and that was a split coolant hose. RAC came out quite quickly and fixed it up for me.

Hope you get the car sorted :)

Guest craig-mkiv

thanx :D

i had to walk back home from the garage as the mr attitude r.a.c bloke would'nt give me a lift home from there !! 2 mile walk !!

i used my neighbour's van upon getting home & managed to pick up a second-hand pulley £60 , so i dropped that off at the garage !!

thanx :D

i had to walk back home from the garage as the mr attitude r.a.c bloke would'nt give me a lift home from there !! 2 mile walk !!

i used my neighbour's van upon getting home & managed to pick up a second-hand pulley £60 , so i dropped that off at the garage !!

May be wrong here but I am not sure I would have fitted a second hand pulley ?

Guest craig-mkiv

im gutted myself about fitting a second-hand pulley ( or anythink second-hand ) but at short notice there was not much else to do !!

all the place's i phoned up said they can't purchase a new part for me !! i will of course keep trying to replace with new , i might try and get one shipped over if need be !! any idea's who ?

the supra is my only every day car now !! so a speedy repair is needed unfortunatley :(

Guest craig-mkiv
So you drove it 10 miles with no fan belt? Hmmm :(

Hmmm that's what i said to the r.a.c bloke !!

he said it will be o.k if i don't take it over 25 / 30mph and not over 2,000 rev's !!

no over heating problem's just a lot of noise and heavy steering !!

Guest Chumpalot
So you drove it 10 miles with no fan belt? Hmmm :(

I was going to mention this but expected someone to reply back with something along the lines of "oh that's fine and wouldn't cause any damage" or whatever.

Didn't think it was a good idea and I have no technical knowledge at all really :blink: I would of told him to get stuffed. You pay your premium to get recovered/repaired. They shouldn't expect you to drive the car when it's in that kind of state.

just replaced the pulley on my sons supra pretty easy job took about two hours i borrowed the tools off "marksupra".new ones are about £240 from mr T so got a 2nd hand one for £60 if the fan is badly damaged it may be unbalanced my sons had a couple of little nicks in it but it seems to be ok .do a search on front pulley to read the threads for info.pm me if you want to ask any questions

Guest craig-mkiv
just replaced the pulley on my sons supra pretty easy job took about two hours i borrowed the tools off "marksupra".new ones are about £240 from mr T so got a 2nd hand one for £60 if the fan is badly damaged it may be unbalanced my sons had a couple of little nicks in it but it seems to be ok .do a search on front pulley to read the threads for info.pm me if you want to ask any questions

Hi dave :)

Thanks mate interesting read !!

sure is the same thing :( not sure the 2nd hand one will be up to much then ,., if it's from the same year of vehicle !! ( wear & tear & that )

the fan blade has got a slice down one of the blade's about 2 inch's long :eek:

Guest craig-mkiv
I've got a tool to hold the pulley and to pull it off once undone. Let me know if you want to borrow it, I'm over your way next weekend.

Hi mate :)

thank's alot for your offer that's great , but the car is in the hand's of the garage now , so it's not something i would set about doing !! i can't wait to get her back :( it's only been since this morning !!

thanx again suprasuzuki :)