The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Value? Am I asking the right money?

supra-mike1984

Hi everyone,

My 1998 Supra VVTi is for sale on here, and on PistonHeads. I havent had as many responses I thought I would have, but I have had offers, but they have been a fair bit below what I have been asking (£800-1000). Is it that I have put my car up for a bit higher than it shud be, or that they are after even more of a bargain than they would be getting it for ;)

Hi everyone,

My 1998 Supra VVTi is for sale on here, and on PistonHeads. I havent had as many responses I thought I would have, but I have had offers, but they have been a fair bit below what I have been asking (£800-1000). Is it that I have put my car up for a bit higher than it shud be, or that they are after even more of a bargain than they would be getting it for ;)

to be honest that is cheap theres a guy selling an n/a for 7k and off course yours is ten times better

Hey cheers for the responses. I thought I had priced it reasonably. I was trying to get the balance of holding back for what the car is worth to me, but also without the hassle of advertising it for months. Ive had a lot spent on the car in the last few months to get in a great condition to sell, with the hope of reducing the bargaining. I am not in a stupidly fast hurry to sell the car, however I have found another car I am interested in, but not that interested as to let mine go for a stupid price to purchase it, if that makes any sense?? :blink:

to be honest that is cheap theres a guy selling an n/a for 7k and off course yours is ten times better

ouch...

But yeah mate, I'd keep it at that price for definite, much as the market HAS dropped, I still think with a little patience you'll get that. Is it mint? When I say mint, I mean MINT. (I know it has 100'000 miles, but still)

TBH i have though about selling my single many many times! And changing it for another soop. If i was to do that yours is exactly what i would buy! I think it looks stunning and i would never modify it! So as a far as price is concerned i think its worth 10k all day long!

Good look with the sale matey :) Shame your selling :(

ouch...

But yeah mate, I'd keep it at that price for definite, much as the market HAS dropped, I still think with a little patience you'll get that. Is it mint? When I say mint, I mean MINT. (I know it has 100'000 miles, but still)

Just had the car MOT'd yesterday, n the bloke said he couldnt believe how quiet the engine woz and how tidy it woz for 100,000 miles. There are no obvious signs of rust, and car has been reguarly stamp serviced. Apart from some stone chips on the bonnet, and a slightly tempermental alarm which im replacing the weekend, its mint in my eyes. Someone elses tho, we shall see! :blink:

Id love to keep the car, but im a chap in his mid-twenties needing his own place, and sadly my Supras the deposit i'll be needing, so im having to downgrade to summot almost as fast, but cheaper! (I want a 300zx) :confused:

I sold my J-Spec TT supra last year about this time because of money problems and instantly regretted it. So bought a low low mileage UK one 6 months ago and intend keeping it until it is put in a museum and me in a home/hole in ground. There is no substitute that I can see for any money.

dont buy a 300zx i had a 300tt and now have an n/a supra i miss the performance but not the big maintenance bills and the supras fit and finish and looks are easily ten times better plus the supra looks far more modern.

simon

it's only worth what someone wants to pay for it :) £800 lower then advertised is pretty good - usually people always tend to expect 10% off the asking price at least... (well i do :p )

Yep 10% is the going rate for a bargain hunter, any offer less than that is taking the piss really!! I only got 5% knocked off mine when I bought it but I put that down to the owner being Scottish!!:D

Oh and don't get a 300zx under any circumstances!!:tongue:

Why don't you go for an NA??

H.

Yep 10% is the going rate for a bargain hunter, any offer less than that is taking the piss really!! I only got 5% knocked off mine when I bought it but I put that down to the owner being Scottish!!:D

Oh and don't get a 300zx under any circumstances!!:tongue:

Why don't you go for an NA??

H.

Hey,

I previously has an N/A, but updated to the RZ-S purely for power

reasons. A lot of money is tied up in the car tho, so I thought if I sold it for summot cheaper with a turbo its a happy medium. But the 300zx idea has gone out the window, so if not another supra, i need to find another cheaper turbo car like the supra, and preferbly with a soft top or targa for summer posin purposes ;)

I did think bout a 3000 gto aswell, any1 had one of these before? :search: