The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Ariel

Martin

The prob with the stubby aerials, is that they require a power supply to work properly, as the power supply that plugs into the old one is switched to power the aerial motor, then it goes off, but because it's much longer than a stubby it works better.

Fitting is easy, it's just finding a suitable power supply. :)

Guest Chumpalot
Although I agree with the lack in use of the search the links don't explain where to buy them from. Imi did the original ones but is not doing any more (wait to be corrected?). There are lots of threads on how to fit them!

You're right. He's not doing them anymore. Perhaps I should have linked to the search results instead of the actual thread.

Do you mean the reception is shite?? Or have you had problems with the aerial itself.

Mine still has a bit of a crap reception but I need to connect the power up on the amp.

Crap reception, and I'm not sure if I like the look. I mainly listen to cd's anyway and might (fingers crossed) get a new headunit at Christmas which plays MP3's using a SD card. If that is the case then I'll put the old mast back on and ask someone who knows their electrics to stop the aerial being deployed as soon as the headunit is on, and deploy it only when the radio is on.

Crap reception, and I'm not sure if I like the look. I mainly listen to cd's anyway and might (fingers crossed) get a new headunit at Christmas which plays MP3's using a SD card. If that is the case then I'll put the old mast back on and ask someone who knows their electrics to stop the aerial being deployed as soon as the headunit is on, and deploy it only when the radio is on.

Just put a basic flick switch in the remote +12v when the radio is on dude :) usually blue with a white chase is the colour of the wire

Just put a basic flick switch in the remote +12v when the radio is on dude :) usually blue with a white chase is the colour of the wire

That could be written in Catonese for all I know about wiring and electrics. But thanks anyway. :)

I know a very very very nice man who should be able to sort that for me. :thumbs: