The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car transporter trailer

kslb

I have wanted a car trailer for a while that I could get the supe on easily for track days etc and to get the car to and from the garage when required but really struggled to find one that was affordable and fit for purpose.

I did not want to have to jack up the trailer or un-hitch it and use planks etc I wanted a trailer that I could leave hitched up and drive straight onto and similar to most I have different front end and lowered suspension etc etc.

Eventually I found a trailer company that had one that was almost exactly what I was looking for. Eve was kind enough to drive her supe on for a tester as mine was at Envy and after she nearly burnt out the clutch I decided I liked it but wanted a few mods done to make it easier to load unload etc. I now have a spot on trailer with modified ramps and ramp extensions that mean I can drive straight on and off. So if anyone else is looking for one give me a shout.

I will be using it for Crail on the 30th Sept hope to see a few of you there.

Do you want an electric winch keith.... I have one hanging around somewhere that's only been used once. Its rated at 5000Kg on a double line pull (2500kg on single line) so should pull a supe up a trailer no problem (pulled a new Mondeo up a 45 degree trailer.... but only just).

Let me know as its no use to me ;)

winch.jpg

Do you want an electric winch keith.... I have one hanging around somewhere that's only been used once. Its rated at 5000Kg on a double line pull (2500kg on single line) so should pull a supe up a trailer no problem (pulled a new Mondeo up a 45 degree trailer.... but only just).

I like this idea...I nearly killed my clutch when we were testing the trailer for clearance with my Supe!

I don't have a front towing eye but if its low I suppose I could attatch under the vehicle PM me a price if you would be so kind.

Aberdeen Trailers on 01651 891538. It's their standard double beaver tail trailer with specially modified ramps and extensions. The extensions can also be used as show ramps should you want them. Me and Eve went up and discussed what we were looking for and they were very helpfull and had it all done and dusted over a week earlier than their estimate all galvanized and looking nice. Its obviously a double axle with braking etc.