The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I think new O2 sensors are needed

Rory

I cleaned up my o2 sensors a couple of weeks ago, and felt quite a difference in performance in my car. However, its been feeling more sluggish again and on a country run today I'm sure it lacked the pep it had at first.

So I guess cleaning the sensors is only a very short term solution - so where is the cheapest place to buy 2 new ones from? Are they the same part as on the TT ? Has anyone priced them from Mr T ?

Thanks

Rory

Found This, But dont know if its the rightone? Could be for a MKIII,. Sent an email, just waiting on a reply. How many does a TT need. I thought it was just one.

All the Supra models (J-spec TT, NA, UK spec, VVTi) each use a different O2 sensor type specific to the model.

J-spec early TT Supra = 1 x O2 sensor

J-spec VVTi TT Supra = 1 x O2 sensor

NA Supra = 2 x O2 Sensors

UK Spec TT Supra = 2 x O2 Sensors

All the sensors are 2 bolt fitting (not screw in). They may seem expensive, but when you consider how much a tank of fuel costs and the improvement in mpg you will get, they soon pay for themselves in fuel savings.

I posted last week to see if there was any interest in another group buy, details here:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=111237&page=6

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3272/p1020548fo5.jpg

They may seem expensive, but when you consider how much a tank of fuel costs and the improvement in mpg you will get, they soon pay for themselves in fuel savings.

My thoughts exactly mate - 80 odd quid is a lot of dosh but when a tank cost nearly that anyway you only have to see a 2-3mpg improvement and your going to be quids in, in no time!

:D

i refurbed mine when i had my turbos out over the weekend. really makes a huge difference im seeing roughly 800 mpg right now! guessing its gonna give up soon tho so will be contacting nic shortly

Sorry i'm not upto speed on these things, but do you stil need 2 with a pipe fitted?

I'm guessing not and that you would only need one if you have a pipe from the front cat back, Would i be right in thinking this or am i way off?

No you'd still need 2 even with decat pipes fitted.