The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello...Bonjour...Halo...Hola...Ciao...etc, etc.

Guest WrathChild

Guest WrathChild

As I am about to purchase my first Supra, I thought it customary to say a quick hello as i may be spending some time with yall on the forums. I would also appreciate it if some of you Supra officianardos could take a quick look at this J-spec Manual TT and tell me what you think. Any body heard anything about the reputation of this place?

http://www.japperformanceuk.co.uk/jap/details.php?id=125

Ive also requested a quote from SKY and i should get it tomorrow and i will post the results in the insurance thread.

Jay.

Guest WrathChild

Cheers, nice to be welcomed. Well ive put my deposit down for the car, when i went to see it it checked out ok as far as i could tell, but we shall see when i eventualy pick it up, its being registered at the moment.

Shall speak with yall later....ta ta.

Guest DaveWilko

Welcome Jay. Car looks very sweet. Love the rims. Just be wary of the steer from the rear until you learn where the grip levels are. What have you been driving up til now? :D

Guest DaveWilko

Oh and deffo lose the hks filter. You would filter more dirt with a fishnet stocking. Apexi is the way to go. Mine came from jdm-trade on ebay for £28 brand new. (and it is genuine, down to the hologram sticker on the box)

Looks alright. The "Cosmos Black" appears to be std Toyota black. The "Predator Bodykit" is a Bomex bumper and skirts, and the spats are missing.

The wheels are unusual for aftermarket ones, having no lip at all. Dunno if I like them or not. I'd be interested to see the twin exit exhaust.

Guest WrathChild

Thanks again to those whove joined the welcome wagon.

DAVEWILKO: I will definetly have to be wary of this car until i get used to it as its my first 'real' car, at the moment i drive a Clio dynamique 1.5 DCI with 65bhp, so a mere 261 horses difference. Ive had a look already at some of the apexi filters and you cant go wrong for £28 if its genuine ill check them out.

JAKE: Thanks for the clarifications i dont know much about body kits and the like, the wheels look ok in person tho they have been curbed slightly with some repair. Ill tak some pictures of it when i pick it up and get the ehaust on.