The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi just joined :)

TurboBrett

Hi,

i just sort of stumbled across this forum in my search for a supra:)

Hi my name is Brett, i am 20y :)

i come from the land of turbocharger classic mini's :sly:, after melting some pistons(and couple of headgaskets) at santapod in august i find my self in search of a faster, bigger car:)

(from doncaster realy)

i have been doing research on what supra i want, still not 100% sure tbh basicaly i have a budget of 6000pounds (laptop doesnt do pound signs lol)

the supra i am looking for has to be manual, prefurably turbo and i would like in either black or red but not fussed if not

i hope to be sticking around here for a while :)

just going to edjucate my self with the charts and stuff on here :D

Whats your tuning budget and power goals?? my cost breakdown would be as follows and its not pretty

Car j-spec 6-speed TT - 8-9k min for a mint example

Insurance - 1k easily at your age + extra for modifications

Depending on power - BPU - 1k or single conversion 10k +

So you do the math :( its an expensive game so do your research wisely

Or just buy one already done BPU car is plenty fast enough.....but be prepared to dip your hand in your pocket if you go down the single route

Welcome buddy..6K you can have me old mondeo:rlol:

:tongue: :( lol

cheers for the welcome guys,

after doing a fair bit of research in to things i realise that a 6speed TT is probably out of my (the banks) budget, maybe i could stretch to 8k at a push, the reason for the 6k budget was because of me seeing a couple of supra's for about 4k but turns out there both n/a auto's

the initial plans was not to modify it just use it as a bit of fun while the mini's off the road but i havnt desided what to do with the mini yet

i see a BPU on the cards not long after i find one and maybe nice body kit, dunno realy want to get it looking nice over power hikes mainly because the TT should be quick enough for now