The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What colour should i paint my wheels ?

Supra-Brett

Hi all, my cars in at the garage on Monday to repair some very minor accident damage when a guy damaged my rear spat. Whilst its in the garage ive decided to have my wheels re-furbed as they are in dire need of it.

The bloke at the garage has recommended that the spokes are painted a grey/graphite colour whilst leaving the dishes polished silver.

Have a look at the piccy to see what they are like now and then let me have your thoughts on how they should be re-furbed, im crap at choosing so would appreciate some pointers/thoughts.

attachment.php?attachmentid=64227&stc=1&d=1189881161

supra 002.JPG

yeh, £100 per corner is expensive. Most of the places i checked out here were quoting about £50 per corner but a lot of them couldent get their re-furb cutting tool deep enough into the dish to properly re-furb it, due to the spokes, that curve under where they meet the dish. The other side of this is that im saving a shitload on my tyres at the same time. The garage that im taking it to repairs all of the porches from the main dealer in reading. They manage to get hold of the tyres from cars that have been test driven for say a magazine. Some times theyve been ragged on a track, other times driven a few hundred miles, photo`d and then taken back, but every time the tyres are changed, as i suppose they want the cars perfect for the jornalists and test drives, and hence loads of tyres that are almost new go spare. I was going to pay £605 for 4 x new goodyears the other week when i found this out. Now im going to pay £100 each for the 2 x rears (295/30/19) and £85 for the 2 fronts (235/35/19), thus im saving over £200 on the tyres.