The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looks like tesco 99 is king of fuel

supra matt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always found that my car feels more 'grunty' at lower revs (moving off from a standstill, low speeds, urban driving etc) when using Tesco 99.

Although, when moving faster, say, at m-way speeds and higher up in the rev range it feels a bit gutless.

This then reverses with V-Power.

For the sort of driving/journeys that I do Tesco would be the right choice. However, my nearest Tesco is well out of my everyday routes.

i,m sure one of the car mags did an evaluation on fuels and found [optimax] as it used to be, the "best" to use on performance engines.shame i cant find it.

it was banzai that did the test cant find the issue but they di say optimax was the best on a turbo cosworth bench engine.

there a thread about it on here somewhere

Do they display octane rating at the V-Power pumps?

With Optimax they wouldn't display anything, relying on internet rumours and innuendo - so for consumer tests it had be regarded as 95RON

They dont display because they cant always guarantee what rating it is, but do state that it will be 98 minimum.........I think 99 is their target but for some strange reason they cant seem to guarantee this......funny when Tesco can though......I dont get it....:search: