The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got annihilated by an EVO 9

Dazzi

:(

I was following behind him both doing 30mph got to a roundabout and onto the bypass. He was doing 40 at first with me about 5 foot behind, anyway I pressed the loud pedal as far as it would go, he put his foot down and whoooooooooosh :shock:must of been doing 90 within the space of 2 seconds... he totally annihalated my poor n/a.

What commets do I expect from the above?

Get a TT

Get a Turbo

You :swearsign:

:taped:

sorry to say this but reality is the n/a supra will struggle or get arsed kicked by most jap turbo cars.

like these below will beat n/a supra.

gtir

gtr

wrx

supra tt

evo

silvias (ps13,s14,s15)

rx7

gto

300zx

and these are the ones you will have a good race with or beat

fto

civic type r

gto n/a

300zx n/a

dc5

dc2

Did you think you'd have a chance against that ? A standard Evo 9 is meant to be 276bhp IIRC , light tuning easily sees over 300bhp. N/A supra is 225bhp ish I believe.

I wouldn't even try it with an EVO, I'd just relax and enjoy the fact my car looks much better :D

sorry to say this but reality is the n/a supra will struggle or get arsed kicked by most jap turbo cars.

like these below will beat n/a supra.

gtir

gtr

wrx

supra tt

evo

silvias (ps13,s14,s15)

rx7

gto

300zx

and these are the ones you will have a good race with or beat

fto

civic type r

gto n/a

300zx n/a

dc5

dc2

Fabia TDI

:innocent:

I'd agree with that, maybe back in the day the N/A was quicker than a lot of things but now theres lots of 3.0 audis and bmws around which are as fast if not faster.

Im quite happy with mine anyway, you're still quicker than 90% of the stuff you come across on the road, it makes a great noise and handles brilliantly :)

:(

The only reason I tried to overtake/speed up was I though he was going to potter down the bypass doin 40-50 but no, %$# this he thought.

At least I can go to bed tonight and say my car looks better :p... not as fast but one day!

Too right mate, evos sound like sh:te too. IMO of course.:)

Surely not! :(

In my old N/A I had a race with a FTO once, he was hanging onto my rear we both floored it together, he hung onto my rear all the way up till about 4th gear, very evenly matched, then I started to ever so slowly pull a car length or so on him.

The N/A is quicker - just, and it aint until that 3.0ltr can start to use its bigger capacity higher up that you see it.....