The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for a supra shortly

Guest davidpingu

Guest davidpingu

Hi Guys,

Good to see such a good community going here.

I know its a way off yet but when my insurance is next up (March) im looking at getting an NA supra.

I've found most of what I need to know looking through the forums but just wanted to ask one or two questions.

I'll be looking at something for around the 5 - 6K mark and I definately want a manual trans. Looking on a few sites it would seem that that sort of money is pre-facelift teritory but correct me if i'm wrong?

Most of the ones I've looked at seem to be on an L-plate and I just wondered if there is any substancial difference with one of this age compared to something on say an N or P plate? Im not too worried about electrical gadgets but is there any big advantage in making sure I get a facelift model?

Cheers Guys :D

check out the for sale section and Sabrina's white SZR NA. This is a facelift and in your budget.................

I'd advise that from now til your insurance renewal you monitor autotrader religously every thursday, who knows what £5-6K may get you next year..............

Guest davidpingu

I know, I wish I had the cash now but I don't. I have to get my house move out the way first. (where I live now, every car I've owned has been vandalised and if that happens to my supra I will end up going down for murder. I had a 200sx back last year with a £400 spoiler. I went out one day to find it gone!:(

I'll start looking around feb time. I've often heard that this sort of car is best bought in the winter and sold in the summer!

Apart from looks are there any major differences though? I mean stuff like LSD and brakes, that sort of thing.