The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Warning Lights

Shadow Beast

need a bit of advice, jumped in the wifes car tonight and there are 2 warning lights on, they go off after a while but then just come back on again for no reason!

They are the ones that come on when the handbrake is applied, dont worry i did not pull off with it on then release it!!

they are a triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle and on the right dial a round circle with an exclamation in the middle and brackets around the outside. (does this make sense?)

is there some sort of micro switch arrangement on the handbrake that is not fully releasing or is it a more serious problem!! do the brakes have sensors on them and its a warning for them?

help would be appreciated

Cheers Richie

Brake Fluid.

If it was an engine trouble code, it wouldn't go off and come back on again. It'd stay on until you turn the engine off.

If it is low and you've still got plenty of pad left, be sure to check for leakage around your front calipers. There have been quite a few that have fractured wround the bleed nipple. (Voice of experience on this one I'm afraid)

Brake Fluid.

If it was an engine trouble code, it wouldn't go off and come back on again. It'd stay on until you turn the engine off.

If it is low and you've still got plenty of pad left, be sure to check for leakage around your front calipers. There have been quite a few that have fractured wround the bleed nipple. (Voice of experience on this one I'm afraid)

i must of sent my post the same time as you were witing yours! i will go back outside and check for leaks on this now fingers crossed it is ok!!

cheers

richie