The mkiv Supra Owners Club

exhaust issues

n00b

hi,

im a bit confused (no scratch that im completly muddled). i have a muffler being delivered tomorrow and im going to try and get it fitted on sat, i want to keep one cat for the mot issues but do i need a 2nd decat pipe or should the exhaust be fabricated all the way up to the first decat pipe?

ive attached a pic, am i aiming for something like the 2nd diagram?

http://www.charlesdavey.co.uk/exhaustsetup.jpg

thanks for any comments

Charlie

nope sorry its only the muffler (that i bourght the supplier could not get the cat back system) so i would have the pipes fabricated from the first cat?

or do i get a 2nd cat replacement pipe and have the pipes fabricated up to the 2nd decat pipe (if i bourght one)?

sorry if im making things worse heres a link to the muffler http://xforce.com.au.tmp.anchor.net.au/cars/view_car/29

thanks for your help

charlie

Get the pipe made from the back box to mate up to the 2nd cat. you then have the option of getting a 2nd decat pipe straight away or later on, also makes it easier to take on and off etc

:) Hi Charlie ....TBH i would leave the first cat in place and the second and just get a "cat back " pipe made to suit your new exhaust box ....you can at a later date buy a 2nd decatt and fit it its easy enough ....i think you will be impressed with the new "noise" level even with both cats in ....you wont get a great deal of performance gain if you take one of the cats out on the n/a just alot more noise ;)

Cheers

-Ian-

;) I would IMO just get a Cat back made up to suit your new back box and order/look for a 2nd Cat back and leave the 1st cat in, they are a bit of a nightmare to get to and remove too ;)....i havent heard of big performance gains on an n/a ...i didnt notice any when i took my second cat out and fitted a cat back on my old n/a just lots more NOISE !! sounded ace tho :eyebrows: but on the TT there was a world of difference ;)

Cheers

-Ian-

Guest neilneil2000

Where did you get the Varex pipe from, my brother is interested in getting hold of one, but don't know of any distributors in the UK. We are in the South East