The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I was indeed screwed

Matt H

Following on then:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=124061

Spoke to Hyper about and hour ago and they informed me that the turbos had ceramic exhaust sides which means that my hybrids were no longer on the car.

Makes perfect sense that they were no put back on a turbofit, or misplaced or for whatever reason they didnt go back on.

Before my engine blew my car was seeing 1.4 bar, even higher especially when it actually blew. I get my car back from turbofit, the turbos wont hardly make over 1.0 bar. It gets put on the rollers and for the first time since i got my car back it seems 1.4 bar and bang.

Chris at Hyper also informed that my car was now making considerable less power at 1.2 bar than it did back at the Rolling road day when it made 410 BHP at 1.1 bar.

My fears were true, i had hybrids before i took my car to turbofit, Chris Wilson informed me of it and my cars turbos were performing well beyond the stock turbo freshold for a long period of time, my cars leaves turbofit with stock turbos and now ive got another £2500 bill to foot.

Turbofit no longer exist...........Looks like im stuck with another great big bill. must be over £8k in repairs now :(

Didnt anyone 100% confirm you had hybrids? (sorry didnt have time to read all of the last thread)

Even though Chris said to me yesterday that he cant remember the job, fair enough really as he sees many a car, he confirmed to me that i had steel exhaust side turbos. I you read everything else, regardless that Chris informed me that my turbos were hybrids, the facts speak for themselves, months of 1.4 and over, no problems, 1.5, 1.6 even when my engine blew, turbos were fine. first time my car sees over 1.1 bar of boost after i get her back bang. think my first posts adds a bit more too

Were TurboFit a registered UK company, the only reference I can find for that name is :-

Name & Registered Office:

TURBO FIT UK LTD

11 MURRAY STREET, CAMDEN

LONDON

GREATER LONDON

NW1 9RE

Company No. 05550813

Date of Incorporation: 31/08/2005

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

Were TurboFit a registered UK company, the only reference I can find for that name is :-

Name & Registered Office:

TURBO FIT UK LTD

11 MURRAY STREET, CAMDEN

LONDON

GREATER LONDON

NW1 9RE

Company No. 05550813

Date of Incorporation: 31/08/2005

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

Thats the one! The registered address is prob an accountant or holder!

I had a look the other day, I know they did not file the required papers for their insolvency in the required time! Either that or its not been requested yet!

Dont thing JDP were registered as a ltd though!

ahh ok, just read your post Matt, doesnt sound too good on that front.

Hopefully you'll have her back up and running how you want soon.

Im having new hybrids installed now, should be finished by this time next week fingers crossed. Then hopefully no more engine or turbo problems ever again!! :innocent:

Hyper say that i get a 12 month warranty with my new hybrids too which is a good piece of mind. Having said that they will probably blow 12 months and 1 day into the warranty!

Thats the one! The registered address is prob an accountant or holder!

I had a look the other day, I know they did not file the required papers for their insolvency in the required time! Either that or its not been requested yet!

Dont thing JDP were registered as a ltd though!

Why are they registered at a London Address though?

If that is them and they are a limited company then im stuck as Turbofit is no more i cant claim against an individual

Why are they registered at a London Address though?

As M5W said, it's probably just an accountant address or director home address.

Often (not saying was the case here) if someone has bad trading history and cannot get a company in their own name other ways can be explored.