The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Horse Power Upgrade.

Guest Suprist

I don't think there's any sort of 'kit' available. If TT then BPU is what you're after (click the word BPU for details).

Some would argue if you're after making your car quicker A-B then spending money on brakes/suspension/reducing weight is just as effective rather than adding raw bhp (esp effective on NA cars due to cost of adding bhp).

Yep, get a TT mate and I'll make you a Restrictor Ring for a trade price of £1,200 and someone else can supply the decat pipes, fuel pump, colder plugs etc! ;)

No, as mentioned it does depend on what model you're looking for and what power gains your after. The NA will take a substantial amount of money to get more power out of it following a BPU upgrade. Then again, same for the TT if you want to go down the Single Turbo route.

Just what I'm looking for. :flasher:

Edit: I've found this BPU from SupraStore.com http://www.suprastore.com/450hppackage.html

...Any views?

That is a US company, the US spec Supra is quite different to the J-spec Supra and so your BPU requirements are different.

The company in question also doesn't have a very good reputation amongst the Supra community.

Try these choices

Tanabe touring or HKS superdragger exhaust, both give good power but not too noisey.

If its jap, HKS decat pipe or UK see Chris Wilson.

Blitz SBC series boost controller or HKS EVC to control the boost level. Run a max of 16.5 Psi and it will go very nicely and reliable.

Blitz LM panel filter

HKS type S FMIC (front mounted intercooler)

Walbro pump

Thor speed/ boost limit remover box.

Denso Ik 24 plugs.

Easy way to good horse power.

I have used or currently own these items and can vouch for the quality.

Shop around, you ought to get that lot for £2K if you get the right deal.

Could you recommend a J-Spec BPU kit?

You will want:

1 x cat back exhaust

2 x decat pipes

1 x restrictor ring

6 x cooler grade spark plugs

1 x boost gauge

1 x Fuel Cut Defender (FCD)

Optional, but recommended.

1 x fuel pump

1 x fuel filter

1 x Exhaust Gas Temp (EGT) Gauge

1 x boost controller

I can supply all parts except the decat pipes and restrictor ring (these you could get from Chris Wilson.