The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD XS power exhaust system

chrisbilling

As Alex says, the TRD bit is just marketing bull, the real TRD exhaust is NOTHING like the XS power one.

Have a search, there are plenty of threads from people who have bough these. It's not really possible to comment on them with regard to long term use since they've not been around very long.

A few here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/search.php?searchid=3423952

Guest Chumpalot

I'd steer away from the XS stuff personally. Go for the Blitz, they give off a lovely note but do tend to give you that motorway drone at higher speeds. You may also have issues with ground clearance.

Thanks for feedback, dose any one know is the TRD system full stainless?

So i need to decide on Blitz nur spec / XS power / TRD system

I have heard that Blitz ground clearance is not good, all comments appreciated.

The TRD is not stainless but it is a very thick gauge steel of some sort.It also appears to have some sort of galvanised coating.Ref rust,I think this system would last longer than the Supra it would be hanging from!

In the two 6spd's I've been in with Nur's they have droned terribly at motorway cruise (70-90mph), probably due to the turbo's being in the transition phase.

The auto I went in didn't seem as bad.

There is no way I'd consider one on a TT 6spd as the drone was unbearable.