The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Remove Bodykit

madmunky

Recived my new JDL kit today and want to get it on the car to take down the body shop, problem is my current kit has blended side skirts and rear splats can anyone recommend how to remove them without doing too much damaged.

Also whats the recommend thing to hold on new kits, screws or rivets?

Sorry to be childish, But always giggle when peolpe put splats. Even if they mean too, How sad am I.

I totally agree with kieren, I also added extra underseal under add ons. Under the skirts etc, Just to protect from dampness, Even though they are aready well protected. But if you making new holes etc, Just an idea.

Also have you heard of stick o flex. This is like the no more nails designed just for this job.

:)

What kind of shops sell Sikaflex?

Looks like might have to get a scalpel too, Can I use Sikaflex to put the body kit on till i get to the body shop (without screws) then get the BS to secure it a bit better?

Right, its not as simple as it sounds, and from your questions, i am inclined to say leave it to the body shop, fitting kits is not straight forward, if they fit very well (not seen many of them;)) you might just get away with Sikaflex and tape, but most including the kit you have will need fettling, offering up lots of times and adding fibreglass Bridger, filing until you have a fit your happy with and then glue it on, you will also need to use some tape and screws while it sets, they can be taken out and holes filled afterwards, then the hard work starts, blending and filling;)if you can afford it, get someone else to do it;)

this is why a decent body shop will charge a lot to fit a kit.