The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what are a good supra brake pad UK spec?

R Black

I have CW pads on UK spec brakes. Very good bite, nice and smooth. I dont think I have ever been able to get any fade at all but then I think you would proberly have to be a nutter to achive that. A bit of a squeel when cold sometimes and at first there was alot of dust. Proberly just pads bedding to the disks though.

ive got some greenstuff one mine. (forget who makes them now) and there quite good for what i need them for (road)

Noooo, not EBC! :blink:

The EBC greenstuffs are far and away the worse pad I have ever used (albeit on the smaller brakes). The performance when cold was so poor it was dangerous, but when they got some good heat in them faded in no time - even with road driving!

Noooo, not EBC! :blink:

The EBC greenstuffs are far and away the worse pad I have ever used (albeit on the smaller brakes). The performance when cold was so poor it was dangerous, but when they got some good heat in them faded in no time - even with road driving!

I second that. EBC are not a good pad for cars like the Supra. They go quite well on smaller, less powerful cars I guess (read Saxo, Nova, Corsa etc) but are outclassed on cars such as ours.

CW Pads are really good but the dust is really real'y bad,It might be down to the discs, I have grooved and dimpled all round and the fronts are real bad for dust.

I don't have a problem with fast roads on stock discs. It's a little worse than stock pads but hasn't caused a problem even though I only clean the car every 4 months :D If I had nice aftermarket wheels I'd probably be cleaning them rather more often.