The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi guys - help is needed if you please - About Fuel

Guest iangibson57

Guest iangibson57

Hi guys,

I am looking into buying a supra and was wonding if you could answer a few questions that i can't find the answers for.

1. how much does it cost to get a full tank petrol on a standard none turbo model.

2. Does any one know on a standard no turbo how many miles you get from a full tank.

3. by the look of things i could have to travel from Lancaster to Blackburn a few weeks at a time. If any one knows how much i would have to pay for the week for fuel?.

Any help would be great

I am looking into buying a supra and was wonding if you could answer a few questions that i can't find the answers for.
Mate you must really suck at searching. This has been asked and answered many times.

1. how much does it cost to get a full tank petrol on a standard none turbo model.
Depends how much the fuel costs per Litre. It's got a 70 litre fuel tank, you do the math.

2. Does any one know on a standard no turbo how many miles you get from a full tank.

It varies. Estimate about 20mpg and you won't be far off.

3. by the look of things i could have to travel from Lancaster to Blackburn a few weeks at a time. If any one knows how much i would have to pay for the week for fuel?.

Well . . . how far is it from Lancaster to Blackburn? How many times a week would you have to make this trip?

As Jake said its a 70 litre tank so depends what fuel you use as to how much it will cost.

I use V-power and get 400 miles out a tank but I drive pretty sensibly.

When I first got my car the tyre were at 30 psi. When I put them up to the stock 36psi I found an extra 40-50 miles per tank.

Not really in an NA. I use v-power usually as it will help the engine out. Ive also heard you can get more miles from v-power etc as it does not need to burn as much fuel. Not sure how true that is though. £40-£50 a week usually does me. Thats 20 miles a day (2 10 mile trips) partially in town during the week and weekend running around.

Hi and Welcome! :)

If your worried about fuel you need to consider other running costs as well: servicing, insurance etc. As most supras have been around for a few years you need to bear in mind replacing worn/damaged parts as well as regular servicing ( the service can cost you around £400 for a full oil/lubricant change, top up, sparks. Services need to be more regular with these beasts, oil and [normal] sparks changed at least every 6K miles ) Its useful to keep a fund on one side for replacement parts and tyres.

The N/A's are quite reliable for their age but remember they are a performance car and not aimed at peeps looking for frugal miles so some self sacrificing of other things in your life is quite normal ;) i.e. food, clothes...:p But you have SOOOOO much fun you'll not stop smiling and it'll all be worth while, trust me!:D

Guest iangibson57

Just another quick question then to get it right.

The car will be an import.

So really should i be using standard unleaded or be going for the better stuff like shell optimax?

Thanks for all your help guys.