The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota clear front indicators, should i break them?

RobSheffield

Fully clear, yes or no?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Fully clear, yes or no?

• Do it!
    • Dont do it
    • Shut it you slag!

Sorry, I'm new to the forum mate, I know this is off topic but you car is stunning! What a fine example of a Supra! :cool:

In regards to the indicators, I think they'd look good either way, but as you already said, if you make the front ones clear, make sure you do the rear's to match, to remove all traces of orangeness, TBH though I do like them as they are, aftermarket look but still retains a hint of JDM-ness :)

Don't bother Rob. If your single install is anything to go by it'll take you about three months.

Lol

I like how so many folks take the piss, when Envy took like 5 months to do KSLBs :p

5 min job max, unless i break one and have to wait 9 weeks for parts like most of the rest of the single parts :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm new to the forum mate, I know this is off topic but you car is stunning! What a fine example of a Supra!

Thanks Kev

Pretty good now parts are finally arrived.

need a couple gaskets and inlet pipe and fmic pipe and im done. Taking my time to get it right though as a rush now could naff it up. I havent updated my install thread, as im going to take some pics once a few more bits get sorted, then its a little more interesting than me warbling on about what i might do if and when parts arrive etc.

I broke the internal orange bit out of mine, not too much hassle. No need to split the lights just push a screw driver in to break the orange part away from the light (one screw holds it in place inside the unit IIRC) then use a pair of needle nose pliers to break up the orange plastic bit into pieces until it is small enough to remove from the bulb hole.

Word of warning though Rob, I did manage to knock up the surrounding hole a little bit with the pliers being a little ham fisted with it, but I haven't had any problems with the seal for the past two and half years. Just take your time and you will be fine mate :)

Alternatively remove and sell the Toyota ones and buy the clear ones from ebay :D