The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Washer jet woes

Guest Chumpalot

Guest Chumpalot

There I am, pootling along when it became apparent that my windscreen was indeed quite filthy. I pulled back the stalk to commence water displacement and.... nothing :blink:

Okay I thought. Perhaps I've run out of water. I tried the rear and there's water so can't be that. Must be a blockage somewhere at the front.

I got to my destination and luckily found a pin in that centre compartment where I keep makeup and stuff. I shoved this into the nozzles on both washer jets and twiddled them around.

Pulled back the stalk, still nothing :( Checked the tank, loads of fluid left.

Could it be a blockage somewhere further down the system? Or at the pump? I didn't have a great look but do the fronts and backs run off seperate lines straight from the pump or do they branch off further along?

I have a feeling I was a bit too careless with the wax one day and a load of it has become lodged into the nozzles :(

Guest Chumpalot
:D I even took mine to a mechanic who had the hoses off and blasting them with an air line before reconnecting them and still no fluid.... til he gets in the car and finds it straight away... how stupid i looked/felt!! :p

dude, that's worse than me :blink:

I love these threads. :D

Ok then, how many people didn't know you could lock the glovebox? Took me about 6 months. :conf:

You may even have two types of keys. One will do the doors and engine but not the glove box.

The other will do them all. Appariantly this is for those who dont trust valet parking. ;)