The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift rears - Toyota price? Part number?

michael

Does anyone know how much Toyota charge for facelift rears or do you have a part number to hand so I can call and find out myself?

I've searched but I'm having no joy and I'm in a bad mood.

I know Nic is cheapest on these and ultimately I'll use him but I need a worst case price to give to the bodyshop responsible for the results on the attachment. Basically some goon has decided to machine polish my whole car with gravel, every panel is screwed, I can sort this but they have also melted the light because they clearly have no skill or sense.

paint-19.jpg

Bloody apprentices. Sorry to hear it Michael. I think you should return the favour by machine polishing the said goon's head.

Not sure about facelift parts from the UK, but have you tried giving Mr Manley a ring? He's usually pretty quick on quotes.

Perhaps you can tell them that you can only get them from Japan and they have to fork out for shipping too.

sorry to hear that Michael. Are you getting it sorted through them?

Cant you dispute with them over the work?

LOL. Sorry to hear this michael, i trust it will be sorted by the bodyshop though???

I've opened a line of communication with them but to say they were unresponsive would be an understatement, they genuinely believe that the work they have done is to a suitable standard, obviously I disagree and want some form of compensation for the damage caused to the light unit and if possible a partial or full refund to cover the costs I'll have for rectifying the paint.

They want to come and see the car tonight so I can point out the defects to them, their current approach seems to be that they want to lie about machine polishing the car - "we didn't touch the rest of the car" and then general swearing in response to my desire for an average job to be done.

I have a feeling I'll just be out of pocket, learn a lesson from it all and then get sent down due to a revenge attack :)

I think I'll need something a bit better than B&Q 80 grit, I just have a feeling he won't even acknowledge that the light was his fault either, he seems awfully defensive of his shoddy work.

I had the same type of problem with tho inbread idiots. Best thing you can do is ask if they have public liability insurance (that normaly gets them worried as little people tend not to bother with it) Next thing is a trip straight to the cop shop for a criminal ref number (tell them you will do that if pushed).

And in my case - bobs your uncle and the inbreds agreed to pay up.