The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New users of  RLTC

Phil Wall

I thought it would be appropriate to post some up to date information about RLTC.  There may be a lot of new buyers of RLTC out there who may not  be aware of our previous extensive discussions on the subject.  So I hope this will draw attention to some of the inherent but not insurmountable problems associated with the initial post installation use of RLTC.

Whilst at Bolney I helped Matt H to sort out his RL settings.  I was curious to see what RL had put in the control unit as the stock TC settings file.  The good news for anyone one buying RLTC for the Supra now is the file at least shows 6 cylinders to match the car.  However that is where the good news ends.  It looks like to get anything other than extremely basic functions from the system you are going to need access to a laptop and a tried and tested data file.  

Matts internal file was set up as the manual shows, with every injector being cut on each of the injector pulses.  The only cut table showing injection allowed was the Integration Threshold.  This is not a safety issue, as traction control is provided, all be it very harsh, cutting of 5 out of 6 cylinders, virtually removing all power once the system detects slip.  This set up is extremely basic and allows no progressive injector cutting

Even in this basic state the system is still far safer than stock MKIV TC as once the system detects that slip is reduced to acceptable limits, the throttle response returns instantly giving fully engine control when you need it.  Without data in the other sections of the cut tables, as in Matts case, the system does provide basic slip control, but allows no control over the amount of slip and the launch facility is not functional.

Any members fitting RLTC, should be aware there are a number of members of this club who have fitted their own RL and a few of us who have experience of setting up the variable aspects of the system.  Please feel free to message or e-mail me and I will see how we can help you.

Following on from Phils post...

If there's anybody out there using the standard settings, you REALLY need to get them changes to suit your car.

I was very impressed with the system in standard form. it worked well, although a tad jolty on fuel cut.

After Phil had altered the settings, the difference was apparent immediately. On the wet setting, the TC cuts in far quicker with virtually no wheelspin and the fuel cut is soooo much smoother.

At Bolney, I was lucky enough to firstly experience a dry roundabout coming off at full throttle and a standing start from a junction turning right. Both of these worked brilliantly. When we left Bolney, we went down to Brighton in the rain. Whenever possible, I used the TC system on roundabouts, junctions etc. Amazing. - Many :biggrin:'s

I know this site seems like an ongoing advert for RLTC, but with good reason.

For those that have it, make sure the settings are correct, for those that don't, get it. It's well worth it.

Thanks to Justin for getting it for me and thanks to Phil for setting it up.

yes thanks to you guys.you know your stuff with racelogic tc

glad i bought it.gives me more confidence.more testing needed.

thanks again to everyone

will try sort out my .dat file for you to have a look at the settings

just got it installed other day 18th march by raclelogic

have fun

mark

leeds

• 8 months later...

Why we are on the subject of RLTC, i've recently noticed that my launch doesn't seem to work anymore :-( I've tried setting it up again (Eg, pushing the button once, and pushing again a second time and holding) but it still doesn't seem to work...

I know when i had it set up from Race logic they needed to modify a capacitor or something in the silver box thing under the passanger footwell to get the launch to work because they said it was getting a weak signal, but it worked fine then.

Any ideas ?

Apart from that all the other settings seem to work fine..

Craig.