The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra V8 4.0- Need your advice

Guest SupraBoy_BG

Guest SupraBoy_BG

I have been offered mkiv with Lexus V8 conversion under the hood.Auto box, stock engine.What I know is that this engine has got a lot of torque and with the right turbo kit and internals can achieve easy 700 hp.I know that such a stuff is rare and very expensive but I wanna try something different.

My question is: WOULD YOU buy supra with such a conversion for 8000 pounds?

This is what I have found in you tube:

Thanks for your advice up front

Guest SupraBoy_BG

This video is just random video from the web.The idea behind this engine is something else.I have got already single turbo GT42R MKIV that does 200 m/h(not in UK of course).I want to buy second supra wich more capable of 1000 bhp.At the moment in USA the batle between the big boys is with V8 engines for many reasons.With 1 bar of boost and 2 turbos with 60-70mm A/R,4 litres V8 easy will reach 800 as long the internals are strong enough to hold it.The idea is to have car with potential and also to have NA engine with 400 HP wich is possible with that motor.

Guest SupraBoy_BG
that v8 aint 400BHP is it?

Yes it is not,because runs wth stock ecu,stock heads,stock fuel sistem.With skimmed head,and moded ecu,ect,ect will reach 400.

Other option is with small turbos only at 0,5 -0.6 bars,stock piston and rods still will hold it for sure!The problem is that in UK everything is veri very expensive.....