The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A no longer, Jezz works his magic!!

Smellywelshman

Picked her up on Saturday after having a week with Jezz, Steve and his band of merry mechanics! Complete TT conversion including autobox and LSD.

All I can say is.......................WOW!!!!!!:D:D:D

The car is now amazing, power delivery is smooth as silk and absolutely bonkers!!:D After 4k revs everything kinda goes blurry!

I would highly recommend this to anybody who is considering (as I know there are a fair few on here) doing it! Jezz's lads were highly competent and really easy to get on with:thumbs::respekt:

Did you take photos Jezz? Forgot to ask you before...

Again, if you're thinking about doing this, live the dream, and do it! Insurance wasn't that much extra either, bout £150(ish).:)

Great job guys, thank you.:cool:

yea, hit us with the price :taped:

It was less than £4k, I dont think its right to post exact values:)

Basically less than the amount I'd have had to shell out for a TT in similar condition (and a LOT less trouble and arse ache)!

Rather have pics :)

I'll try and get some on tonight if I can, but I'm already getting evils from my girl 'cos of how much time I'm spending with it!!! So I'd better play it :cool:

Need to give her a wash too!

Nice one :)

Gone in as stock or BPU?

Stock, get used to that first, give me a chance to get bored then I might go AEM or something.

Steve seemed to think that the turbos may be hybrids because of the power delivery, but they don't know for sure!!:) All I know is she's fast as foooooooooooooook!!!!

with a FMIC!! WOW.

So, did you change to another auto box or was it 5spd before?

Had the TT autobox, very nice, a lot tighter than the one that was on when it was N/A! But I've a mind to get a 6spd conversion at some point:eyebrows:

Be carefull! :D

I was well impressed with power delivery on this, very smooth and rapid!

A few pics taken along the way......

New water pump and cam belt being fitted before installation..

In she goes....

N/A Sub frames only have the one rear diff mount, with the torque increase from the conversion, we pop a second one in, shown here on the right.....

All in and snug, pre-clean up....

Thats where I left my red bull! :sly:....

Thats great that Jezz. Really interesting to see it going in!:D

I am being carefull with it, shes a different beast all together. But I haven't driven it in the rain yet!!! *gulp*:blink:

I think it could do with a little tune up which I'll get done up here, any suggestions on what to tell them to do mate?

How do you mean tune up? It should be running as a stock car should, the only facility we dont have is to clean and flow test the injectors, and to be honest the back injector was a little 'clicky' compared to the others.

Tidy Job Fair play!

Bit of a highjack, how long does it take to drop lump and box on the floor as one?

Couple of hours max. My guy's done it that many times, he can do it in a matter of minutes. :D

How do you mean tune up? It should be running as a stock car should, the only facility we dont have is to clean and flow test the injectors, and to be honest the back injector was a little 'clicky' compared to the others.

Nothing major mate:), It's just that it was a tad (and I mean a small tad) lumpy on idle today. Which I attribute to the idle/air adjustment that Steve said he hadn't had a chance to do.

He advised me that it was a small job, so I thought it best to get it sorted up here, as I'm so far away from Silverstone!

Probably a good thing, or I'd be down at your garage every other weekend getting you to put something new on!!!:D

Whats the crack with the injector? Oh dear, mite have to upgrade when I get you to fit the boost controller thingmajig then, shame!!:sly::innocent: