The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone got Rota GTR Wheels?

Guest Garfy

I'm thinking of going for these, but would be interested to hear if anyone has used their wheels before, and if they are any good.

http://www.rotawheelsuk.com/alloys.php?product_id=e1a7a1a4ea9dfdeddf7f8296ac9e696d&startrow=0

I will be going for 18", 9.5" wide on the back, and 8.5" wide on the front, the only offset available for the rear is 30mm the fronts have many options 25, 30, 35 or 40mm any recomendations, for best handling/appearance compromise? I thiink the shape of the spokes should also help with fitting over uk brakes, which I dont have yet but it would be good if they did.

Any views would be helpfull, thanks peeps :)

:wave:

If you have a look in my garage, I have the same width's as what you're going for, 30mm offset at the rear, 35mm offset at the front. I actually wanted the 25mm offset at the front as I think the front wheels are a little too tucked in. I think TDR has the 25mm front offset on his car.

As for handling, I would assume that the 40mm offset is best as this is closest to the standard wheels offset.

:wave:

If you have a look in my garage, I have the same width's as what you're going for, 30mm offset at the rear, 35mm offset at the front. I actually wanted the 25mm offset at the front as I think the front wheels are a little too tucked in. I think TDR has the 25mm front offset on his car.

As for handling, I would assume that the 40mm offset is best as this is closest to the standard wheels offset.

Just had a look mate, thats my mind made up, order is placed, they look great, how long you had them?

Yep they rub, sorry I should have mentioned that! I think everyone who's bought these wheels has the same problem, although my car is lower than most, so I didn't know whether they would rub on standard suspension. There's no issue on the front, but at the rear I had to have the rear arch lips trimmed back and everything's fine now :) I've had the wheels about a year now.

Yup, and the rears rubbed the arches like bastards. Had to have them trimmed, the bodyshop said they couldn't roll the arches as they're strengthened with welds or something strange?

I bought them on the recommendation that they would fit 'no problems' from a 'reputable' trader not so far away. :rolleyes:

They fit fine over UK brakes but I can't remember which offset I have on the front off the top of my head. I do get the occasional rub on the front passenger side on very big/fast bumps but then I've got 115k mile old UK suspension..