The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lose of Power due to fuel filter? help

boombastictiger

Hi

I have noticed recently that my car does not pull the way it used to....I have looked after it always kept it oiled etc...however I feel as if its just not producing the same "kick" of acceleration that it used to a few months ago....

Any ideas what could be causing this? I AM still in need to change the spark plugs which have not been changed for 10000 miles...Im hoping that this is what is causing it because im getting it changed soon....

If not what else could be causing this lose of power...i read somewhere that the fuel filter could be decreases pressure in the system....is this true?

its definatly reduced in low down acceleration...i guess me getting used to the power is part of it, but the spark plugs have not been changed in over a year...could this contribute to this if they are i nbad condition...

How much of a difference would changing poor spark plugs to new ones have as appose to the feel and acceleration of the car...would it be a big difference or a minor one?