The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another GT4 owner comes over to the dark side.

Guest GTone

Hi folks. Just wanted to say hi. I've just sold my 1991 GT4 and picked up a sexy Supra :) Few little things to do to it. Rear brake discs are cracking up, drivers window doesn't work. Apart from that she's a peach :cool:

Here's my GT4

http://www.harbourlight.uk.com/tga/our_gt4.html

And here's my Supra

http://www.harbourlight.uk.com/tga/images/supra

Paid £2500 for the Supra. Sounded cheap to me for a 60k mile car in good nick.

Anyone got any advice where I could pick up new rear brake discs and pads for not heaps of money?

Cheers,

Tone

That is cheap...

Be prepared to spend a little cash tidying it up, but they are great cars. Welcome aboard...

There are various traders here who will be able to sell you brake bits, in fact I don't think there isn't much you can't get on this board... (Oh yeah, peace and quiet *grin*)...

Gav

Can't wait to get it on the road. Last time I owned a 3ltr lump it was jammed into a mk2 capri! I'm a mechanic/panel & painter guy by trade so tidy up's are my middle name. Although this car is really clean. Original paintwork except for the rear bumper which is the wrong shade of whatever colour this car is. Only paint needed is a few little stone chips, a bit at the top of the tailgate had gone funky with the lacquer but thats a real easy job and a tiny bit of lacquer needs attention before it gets worse on the rear wing top. Should be spotless by the end of this week hopefully.

Already found one guy who breaks supra's on this forum who will supply the window mech for £80. Just need to sort the rear brakes out now :)

Cheers,

Tone

Welcome to the club matey!

I too had a red ST185 back in the day - fecking thing bled me dry! Still loved it though....

The breaker on here I take it was Jezz? as for the rear bumper colour you'll find it's a common thing on Supes - it always seems to fade to a different colour..