The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake caliper covers

bmx1lew

has any one seen these befor, just stumbled across them while looking for some supra brake decals.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-Big-brake-caliper-cover-kit-Endless-Mugen-Nismo-US-UK_W0QQitemZ280142519491QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43119QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

It's a cheap and cheesy thing to do, but i think they would look canny for people who dont want to spend over £1000 on brakes yet want the look, if they fit and look good i might get a set :D

No No No No No

Agreed, NO NO NO

The covers will hold heat in, and you could possibly end up heating the brakes quicker...

INSTALLMENT(Free install guide in box)

1. Install with high quality silicone glue(no screw no drill)

That has to be some awesome glue, wouldn't want one of those things come off during motion and jam up the rotor or the alloy.....

Guest Nicholas
yo do know i wasnt been seriouse about chrome windscreen whipers?

After reading this thread I would have thought chrome wipers, neon washer jets and some 20" chrome wheels would be at the top of your "to do" list :D

i was getting some of these caliper covers and some leds to go on the valves and washer jets and some of those crome spoilers for the wipers i think they will look pretty good down town on a saturday nite .;)

dont do it m8 you brakes will overheat they will come off and sheer of your brake hose and youll crash cause you'll have ENDLESS travel on the pedal

will they improve braking:D

Probably. That is when they fall off and get wedged between the real caliper and the wheel.

I've also seen somewhere a cover you can put over your drum brakes to make them look like disc's. Thing is they didn't have anything on them that looked like a caliper, so at a glance it looked just like the brake caliper had fallen off.

There's a local chav near me that has those fake disc things that get fitted between the wheel and the hub. They're a plastic disc with the imprint of a large brake disc and large brembo style caliper.

It's obvious they are fake, but the funny thing is, the whole lot turns when he pulls away, 'fake' brake caliper and all :D