The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't Find Rattle!

Elmo

Just took my car to a local garage to check out my rear suspension Assy. I have an annoying rattle/knocking coming from the rear LH side, I expected to find out some of the bushes had gone or something but the guy couldn't find anything wrong!

I think the only solution is to turn the radio up :(

I have the same, a rattle when I go over bumps..

One Garage hasn't found anything, sounds awful when driving down the high street.. :)

With you there mate! Does yours seem to rattle more when you are going quite slow?

When the car was on the ramp I had a poke about myself, everything seems solid and all the bushes look in good condition!

Sympathise with you there. Mine creaks on the ns rear on accelerating and cornering sharply at the same time, but its ok on the straight.

Have you cleared out the wheel well? if your spares still in is the bolt holding it on tight? How about your mini tool kit :D I have one in mine, in its bespoke polystyrene surround :cool: could one of your tools come loose? daft suggestions but worth looking at.

I also found a RED Neon rattling around in my boot :blink::rolleyes: ....matches the ones under the seat :D i blame mad matt who had it before Mr Hanky and Rogue took ownership :p

I'm popping mine in to Weston Performance shortly for a health check so if they spot a prob I'll let you know.

Lx

Sympathise with you there. Mine creaks on the ns rear on accelerating and cornering sharply at the same time, but its ok on the straight.

Have you cleared out the wheel well? if your spares still in is the bolt holding it on tight? How about your mini tool kit :D I have one in mine, in its bespoke polystyrene surround :cool: could one of your tools come loose? daft suggestions but worth looking at.

I also found a RED Neon rattling around in my boot :blink::rolleyes: ....matches the ones under the seat :D i blame mad matt who had it before Mr Hanky and Rogue took ownership :p

I'm popping mine in to Weston Performance shortly for a health check so if they spot a prob I'll let you know.

Lx

I do have a tool kit but I haven't been in there for ages, I lift the carpet and rummage later, however it does sound like its coming for the suspension and not the boot.

With you there mate! Does yours seem to rattle more when you are going quite slow?

When the car was on the ramp I had a poke about myself, everything seems solid and all the bushes look in good condition!

Yep, speed bumps can be quite embarrising, 'look at the L reg car, shouldn't be on the road' :D

I do have a tool kit but I haven't been in there for ages, I lift the carpet and rummage later, however it does sound like its coming for the suspension and not the boot.

I've had a look under the boot carpet, the spare is secure and all the tools are in the right places and theres' nothing rolling about.

I think I'll have to goto another garage and get a 2nd opinion!

i had an annoying rattle worse at slow speeds or certain revs looked and checked everything put it up on my mates ramp i sat in and he looked underneath .it was the bracket that holds the exhaust to the gearbox it was two thirds cracked he took it off and re welded it yipeee no more rattle .worth checking it dude:)